streaming mobile videos other formats on sony bravia tv

Found 17th May 2015
Hi there, I have sony bravia smart 3d tv which I used to watch youtube videos but last month youtube stopped working as google is no more supporting this device. I use to upload my mobile videos on youtube then play on my big tv which I cant do anymore. Any way to play them on my tv. I also have a 2tb storage device connected to my tv but tv still says format not supported. Shall I get ps3 & hook both usb & Tv just to play different formats. I want to play mp4, avi & some other formats on my tv. Any help would be appreciated. thx
Edit: What I really need is something which can play all types of formats. So I can put all my media on storage device which will be connected with that device. And I can link/connect that device with my tv.
Community Updates
15 Comments
I've got a chromecast and it does the same
Can you not just cast the videos from your phone straight to the TV?
andjones2811

I've got a chromecast and it does the same

I heard about chromecast but dont know if I'll be able to play different formats on it through my usb/mobile phone or not.
MIDURIX

Can you not just cast the videos from your phone straight to the TV?

How do I cast videos straight on tv I tried to stream but mobile phone didnt find my tv
asifbutt

How do I cast videos straight on tv I tried to stream but mobile phone … How do I cast videos straight on tv I tried to stream but mobile phone didnt find my tv

Depends what TV your u have and what phone you have.
There are some great Android boxes that will connect to your TV and the Internet to give you internet access to YouTube. You should be able to connect your USB drive to the same box to stream the contents.
I use a Minix box but there are plenty of others on a well known auction. Site or on Amazon
Model number of tv?
Installed apps?

You stated you used to watch the youtube app on your tv so I'm assuming it's connected to the internet - is it wired or wifi?

Edited by: "philphil61" 17th May 2015
yeh It is a wifi tv, sony bravia kdl nx713. I dont care about youtube. What I really need now is something which can play all types of formats. So I can put all my media on storage device which connects with that & then I can connect that device with tv.
asifbutt

How do I cast videos straight on tv I tried to stream but mobile phone … How do I cast videos straight on tv I tried to stream but mobile phone didnt find my tv

If you have android lollipop then I guess you can.
I have got HTC one M8
Something like this are great for connecting an external hdd and they will play anything you can chuck at them
Edited by: "ding" 18th May 2015
asifbutt

I have got HTC one M8

Your tv unfortunatly is a bit too old to have miracast available, but your phone can certainly do it. Just buy something which the phone can cast too. Miracast is better in my opinion because you can just cast anything which is playing on your phone, like games the home screen a movie etc etc, whereas google chromecast in my experience can only cast from certain apps.
Just had a search online and your tv should be able to play pretty much anything via the usb slot. The tv also can do DLNA streaming too, so your phone can send music over to the tv or you can put something like Serviio onto any pc and the tv will be able to play it from there
MIDURIX

Just had a search online and your tv should be able to play pretty much … Just had a search online and your tv should be able to play pretty much anything via the usb slot. The tv also can do DLNA streaming too, so your phone can send music over to the tv or you can put something like Serviio onto any pc and the tv will be able to play it from there

yeh my tv have dlna but it was only able to play certain mp4 formats which it is not playing anymore. Also I used to stream through my samsung tablet but not anymore.
sorry about taking so long.. I downloaded an app called allcast. you can cast you entire screen or a video file. even Cartoon hd app.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions