Groups

Stretching Leather Trainers

What is the best way to stretch leather trainers?

Have worn them for a few days so unable to take them back but still a bit tight, especially on the heal.

Any ideas?

9 Comments

easier to trim a bit off you feet

Original Poster

boothy;8980521

easier to trim a bit off you feet

even my heal?

what with though? scissors or a knife? :w00t:

very thin socks will help

Try soaking the leather in warm/hot water to soften it up and then stuffing dry newspaper in them really tightly until you see the leather at full stretch, leave them for a day and take paper out.

used to do this with football boots, you may need to do it a few times

Original Poster

q44q;8980604

very thin socks will help

have tried thin trainer sockes but just as bad.

DJNG22;8980609

Try soaking the leather in warm/hot water to soften it up and then … Try soaking the leather in warm/hot water to soften it up and then stuffing dry newspaper in them really tightly until you see the leather at full stretch, leave them for a day and take paper out.used to do this with football boots, you may need to do it a few times

i have them stuffed with paper now but havn't soaked or wet the leather.

will have to try :thumbsup:

stop buying trainers the wrong size just cuz theyre cheap ;-)

You could get someone with larger feet to wear them for a few days, like in their house etc obviously not outside. I used to do it for my son until his feet became bigger than mine.

Original Poster

zoe1306

stop buying trainers the wrong size just cuz theyre cheap ;-)

lol

cheeky ..... these are my honeymoon trainers !!!

just over 2 weeks to get them fitting properly then !! (need to get from a shop in future instead of ebay ;-) then u cud change them!! )
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671414
      2. One for the mathmeticians33
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424614496
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7261375

See more discussions