Groups

Strict NAT on xbox

I have been playing xbox live for about a year through a new BT homehub router (Wired) and i have always had an open NAT. For the last couple of days on COD:MW2 where it says what your NAT is, it has changed to strict and i cant search for matches unless a friend invites me and i can play fine.

How do i change it to open and has this happened to anyone else?

Ta,

10 Comments

Which homehub is it?

Dmz Dmz Dmz

Alfonse;6979235

Dmz Dmz Dmz

I had to do this to find games on GTA4 now that you reminded me

Original Poster

cheers will try and do a DMZ whatever that means

kiwinator;6979287

cheers will try and do a DMZ whatever that means

demilitarized zone, where you provide an IP with full connectivity through a WAN connection without any security measures basically.

Original Poster

bt homehub wont let me do it unless i choose a currently connected device. So i have to unplug my xbox take it downstairs and plug it in then do it why cant things be easy?

Alfonse;6979307

demilitarized zone, where you provide an IP with full connectivity … demilitarized zone, where you provide an IP with full connectivity through a WAN connection without any security measures basically.

Or just use the proper securer way UPNP with DHCP

If you upgraded firmware in last week or if it does it auto like some of the o2 boxes then either it broke functionality or you changed some settings log into router turn on upnp and use dhcp in router (apply/ok/save) and auto settings on 360 for both ip and dns.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764334
      2. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay614
      3. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial33
      4. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1326

See more discussions