Strong Moving Boxes recommendation

Posted 3rd Aug 2020
Hello I can't seem.to find a definitive answer on where to get some strong moving boxes?
I've tried ringing obvious places like Home Bargains and asking on local Facebook groups. Any more ideas please?
If, as a last resort I don't manage to get some free ones, has anyone got any recommendations for reasonably priced ones I can buy? Thanks
Community Updates
11 Comments
Go to supermarkets and get banana boxes. They are usually happy to give them away
macdonalds (French fries box) strong manageable size. ask manager in local branch they'll tell you when to collect if allowed
Self storage places sell them as do moving companies.
We managed to Move End of Feb this year. We managed to find some good deep plastic boxes. Stuff yous tore with. I found them alot better than just boxes and easier to stack in thwe van too
Check your local Freecycle groups. A while back someone whose move was complete was giving away a load of removals boxes.
Also in the past I've bought a stack of these from Big Yellow. Storage companies always have stock, just not cheap.
darthvader666uk03/08/2020 12:29

We managed to Move End of Feb this year. We managed to find some good …We managed to Move End of Feb this year. We managed to find some good deep plastic boxes. Stuff yous tore with. I found them alot better than just boxes and easier to stack in thwe van too

Where did you get them from please?
6052605203/08/2020 12:30

Where did you get them from please?

I got some in the asda by me (about £6 to £9) depending on the size and poundstreacher is a good place too
I just collected 5 from McDonald's
I usually ask on fb on the free sites or freecycle in your area
dorey6903/08/2020 15:28

I usually ask on fb on the free sites or freecycle in your area

I did ( a week ago ) but no response yet
Post a comment
@
    Text