Strongest weed killer available

Posted 14th May
What is the strongest weed killer you can easily purchase? It is to be sprayed on to pebbles and concrete where the weeds keep coming up.

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

26 Comments
I’d be interested to know as well could do with some
I've been using Rosate 360 TF for a few years, nukes everything. Accidently got some on my grass and it killed some of that as well.

I use it in a 5L sprayer when ever the weeds pop up.
Edited by: "Raider0001" 14th May
It’s not about the strongest, it’s the type! Most weed killer only works to kill the weed when sprayed on the leaves, like round up or anything with glyphosate! But that’s only good for fleshy weeds/plants

There are others like icade, that will kill mares tail, ivy, and trees, but not grass and fleshy weeds

Then there are residual ones, katana and shikari that work by spraying them on the soil and nothing grows for 6 months or so! - this would probably work the best on pebbles combined with a roundup type but with an extra liberal spray to make sure it reaches the soil!

* edited spelling
Edited by: "tom2kadd1" 14th May
Thin bleach is an effective weedkiller, if it is an area not used by humans or animals and there would be no run off.
Raider000114/05/2020 17:41

I've been using Rosate 360 TF for a few years, nukes everything. …I've been using Rosate 360 TF for a few years, nukes everything. Accidently got some on my grass and it killed some of that as well.I use it in a 5L sprayer when ever the weeds pop up.

tregs14/05/2020 17:45

I use this - Gallup Hi Aktiv 5L 490More details here

airbus33014/05/2020 17:47

Thin bleach is an effective weedkiller, if it is an area not used by …Thin bleach is an effective weedkiller, if it is an area not used by humans or animals and there would be no run off.

These only kill dandelions, grass and other fleshy stuff, unless you overdose ridiculously, which is illegal(maybe not the bleach) if you want to spray once a year you need a combination of glyphosate and a residual, but it’s not cheap!
tom2kadd114/05/2020 17:53

These only kill dandelions, grass and other fleshy stuff, unless you …These only kill dandelions, grass and other fleshy stuff, unless you overdose ridiculously, which is illegal(maybe not the bleach) if you want to spray once a year you need a combination of glyphosate and a residual, but it’s not cheap!

You need to read up on Gallup Hi Aktiv 490.

"
  • Boasting an incredible 490g of Glyphosate per litre of solution, Gallup Hi-Aktiv 490 is one of the strongest weed killers available and helps control a wide variety of both annual and perennial weeds
  • A non selective, super strength product that provides fantastic results and incredible value for money. Any weed or plant that comes into contact with the solution will be killed
  • This weed killer can be used on a range of surfaces and areas from forests, grassland, orchards, areas where no plant/crop growing occurs, industrial areas, pavements, farm buildings, public paths and roadways, driveways, patio areas and other hard surfaces.
  • Excellent rain fastness
How does it work?

• The Glyphosate works to get into the roots of weeds from the stalk and leaves and targets the enzymes of the plant/weed in question, turning the weed red, then yellow then death will follow shortly.
  • Acts very quickly against broad leaved weeds and even quicker against grass weeds"
Edited by: "tregs" 14th May
I sprayed some white vinegar on some weeds between my artificial grass and patio, and the weed was dead and shrivelled up the following day. I've got a dog so didn't want to put anything to strong down.
tregs14/05/2020 18:00

You need to read up on Gallup Hi Aktiv 490."Boasting an incredible 490g of …You need to read up on Gallup Hi Aktiv 490."Boasting an incredible 490g of Glyphosate per litre of solution, Gallup Hi-Aktiv 490 is one of the strongest weed killers available and helps control a wide variety of both annual and perennial weeds A non selective, super strength product that provides fantastic results and incredible value for money. Any weed or plant that comes into contact with the solution will be killed This weed killer can be used on a range of surfaces and areas from forests, grassland, orchards, areas where no plant/crop growing occurs, industrial areas, pavements, farm buildings, public paths and roadways, driveways, patio areas and other hard surfaces. Excellent rain fastness How does it work?The Glyphosate works to get into the roots of weeds from the stalk and leaves and targets the enzymes of the plant/weed in question, turning the weed red, then yellow then death will follow shortly. Acts very quickly against broad leaved weeds and even quicker against grass weeds"

I have done, I stick to my previous comment.
Snoop dog
tom2kadd114/05/2020 18:03

I have done, I stick to my previous comment.

Well then you are incorrect. I have been using this for many years.
Raider000114/05/2020 17:41

I've been using Rosate 360 TF for a few years, nukes everything. …I've been using Rosate 360 TF for a few years, nukes everything. Accidently got some on my grass and it killed some of that as well.I use it in a 5L sprayer when ever the weeds pop up.

I've used this recently(ish) too and I'm super impressed. However, it has taken about 2 months to work, I thought it wasn't working at all, but slowly the weeds and plants started turning brown. I'm guessing it makes it's way into the roots and then kills from the inside, out, rather than just shrivelling the leaves as I am used to. Great stuff and reasonably priced.
Just be careful of the Glyphosate it is strong stuff and I am sure you may need a licence to use it. You do not need to use much so dilute it according to the instructions.
Salt if you don't intend too grow anything there again a few pounds worth should do the trick
Which weeds and what is laid under the pebbles?
JimboParrot14/05/2020 19:38

Which weeds and what is laid under the pebbles?

I will upload some photos tomorrow so you can get a better understanding
tom2kadd114/05/2020 17:53

These only kill dandelions, grass and other fleshy stuff, unless you …These only kill dandelions, grass and other fleshy stuff, unless you overdose ridiculously, which is illegal(maybe not the bleach) if you want to spray once a year you need a combination of glyphosate and a residual, but it’s not cheap!

Which brand would you suggest?.
flamethrower
I've normally used this stuff, Sodium Hypochlorite 14-15%. Kills everything and cleans the patio paving. Normally bought it from ebay, You mixed it down in a sprayer or watering can with water. I've normally gone 3 parts water, 1 part Sodium H.

Sodium Hypochlorite 14-15%
deleted1793489
Gallup xl pro 360...buy it every year, great stuff.
rimalpatel00714/05/2020 22:06

Like …Like this?https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/bbq-essentials/parkside-2-in-1-long-handled-heat-gun-weed-killer/p31939

boss
I'd just get a kneeling mat and a trowel and remove them making sure you get the root out - which should mostly just be a long 'tap root', a time consuming but rewarding job and fairly easy to do. If there is no membrane under the stones then it could well be worth lifting them and laying one. If there is already one, then the chances are they are seeding from above, ie there is a nearby weedpatch!
Edited by: "JimboParrot" 15th May
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions