strong/long smelling scent for men and women

Found 11th Nov 2015
Hello I wear CKone female aged 34 like fairly young fragrances not really into flowery scents, other half slightly older wears bulgari (Bulgari Aqua Pour Homme Eau De Toilette for Him) and aqua di gio (Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio Eau de Toilette for Men). Issue and question we have is that even with genuine versions not copies the smell will often dissapate quickly. Is it the case that some last longer? Some people seem to smell strong all day are they bathing in it or spraying all day, or are they using really expensive stuff which therefore lasts longer for the bigger price tag?

25 Comments

perfume certainly smell longer on the more expensive brands

The ones that smell all day probably carry their spray and use it regularly!! I quite like Carolina Herrera 212 range for men can still smell it the next day just about where as most others would have no trace at all! (from clothes ;))

Young fragrances? CKOne has been around for years!
Anyway, to answer your question... different fragrances smell different and last longer/shorter on different people. Do you spray it on your clothes or skin? On skin it should radiate better as the skin warms the scent. You should also consider buying an eau de parfum rather than eau de toilette as it is stronger (and more expensive!)

My wife uses a perfume atomizer. It's a 5ml tiny bottle that you place on top of your favourite perfume and fill up so you can keep a little perfume bottle in your bag. Can't remember which one she uses but they are about £3.

NickyOhMG

The ones that smell all day probably carry their spray and use it … The ones that smell all day probably carry their spray and use it regularly!! I quite like Carolina Herrera 212 range for men can still smell it the next day just about where as most others would have no trace at all! (from clothes ;))

+1 for 212, the scents lingers for a long time.

Leon Walker

My wife uses a perfume atomizer. It's a 5ml tiny bottle that you place on … My wife uses a perfume atomizer. It's a 5ml tiny bottle that you place on top of your favourite perfume and fill up so you can keep a little perfume bottle in your bag. Can't remember which one she uses but they are about £3.

Il hold up my hoof and say I use an atomiser too, it's great.

Original Poster

Thanks for all the answers, I too have an atomiser but still feel the scents used are short lived, think I need to go on a smelling mission in boots etc

I find Azarro for men lasts a long time. But keep an eye on your husband as it attracts the women.

Angel for women is strong and lasts for a good time!

Original Poster

webtrawler

I find Azarro for men lasts a long time. But keep an eye on your husband … I find Azarro for men lasts a long time. But keep an eye on your husband as it attracts the women.

lol

try layering scent with scented lotion and eau de parfum, also topping up as others have said with a handbag spray , i like angel , alien and paris so quite strong distinctive .

Try Mandarin Duck (aftershave, not the Chinese).

I stumbled across this a few years ago, it's brilliant & lasts for ages.

OP, the nose is designed to block scent of a particular smell after a while (makes sense when you think about what the world smelled like before toilets!)- that's why many people make the mistake and spray too much (my OH does this with Lynx, drives me mad!). Chances are, you still smell to other people, just not yourself. I personally find overspraying of scent offensive, and can even make me feel like I'm choking if in close proximity. I love your initial choices of perfumes / aftershave - just stick with them and accept the enjoyment you get from the initial spray. My 2 pence worth anyway.
Edited by: "espirit77" 12th Nov 2015

ChrisUK

Try Mandarin Duck (aftershave, not the Chinese).I stumbled across this a … Try Mandarin Duck (aftershave, not the Chinese).I stumbled across this a few years ago, it's brilliant & lasts for ages.

Mandarina.

ChrisUK

Try Mandarin Duck (aftershave, not the Chinese).I stumbled across this a … Try Mandarin Duck (aftershave, not the Chinese).I stumbled across this a few years ago, it's brilliant & lasts for ages.

mandarin duck, goes real well with lemon chicken - but your OH may try to nibble you.

transit

Mandarina.

That's the one

The normal or black editions are spot on.

Original Poster

lol you guys are funny

Try fragrance oils. They last all day.

Original Poster

Mark2111

Try fragrance oils. They last all day.

thanks

Definitely recommend alien by Thierry Mugler - smells gorgeous and lasts well through the day.
Agree with getting edp instead of edt

Read today that if you apply a thin layer of vaseline at your pulse points, it will catch the scent and make it last longer. A beauty hack.
Edited by: "fern37" 13th Nov 2015

Original Poster

Suzannzan

Definitely recommend alien by Thierry Mugler - smells gorgeous and lasts … Definitely recommend alien by Thierry Mugler - smells gorgeous and lasts well through the day.Agree with getting edp instead of edt

will have to go in somewhere and smell it

Original Poster

fern37

Read today that if you apply a think layer of vaseline at your pulse … Read today that if you apply a think layer of vaseline at your pulse points, it will catch the scent and make it last longer. A beauty hack.

hmmm interesting

D&G no.3 - very nice Peach scent lasts most of the day.
Post a comment
@
    Text