Struggling for New Years Eve

Hey,

Me and my gurl want to do something on New Years Eve - but have no idea where to go!

We don't want to go to a rave, club or pub. And would be quite willing to travel somewhere for a night. I mean, what happens in London or Birmingham on New Years Eve? Am I ever going to find a car parking space if I got there?

Just some tips or events would be great please! Midlands preferred.

14 Comments

I know come to mine and babysit for me to go out!!
Plenty of food in the fridge,
OH will groan when he needs more paraceamol, just give him some lemsips, do a few awwwww ohhhhhhh at him.

Deal?
lol

Original Poster

pcnutta;3888654

I know come to mine and babysit for me to go out!!Plenty of food in the … I know come to mine and babysit for me to go out!!Plenty of food in the fridge, OH will groan when he needs more paraceamol, just give him some lemsips, do a few awwwww ohhhhhhh at him.Deal?lol

So to clarify, the offer is to babysit your OH? :-D

we're off to an local irish bar.. should be a good night..

why not take OH away, book a hotel/BnB, get there early on, say 3pm - 4pm. and take nic naks with you (nibbles, cheese etc etc and champagne to toast the new year) - I know its a canny drive, but the Lakes is lovely this time of year!

then off to bed at 12:05am :whistling::oops:

Original Poster

Disco;3888708

we're off to an local irish bar.. should be a good night..why not take OH … we're off to an local irish bar.. should be a good night..why not take OH away, book a hotel/BnB, get there early on, say 3pm - 4pm. and take nic naks with you (nibbles, cheese etc etc and champagne to toast the new year) - I know its a canny drive, but the Lakes is lovely this time of year!then off to bed at 12:05am :whistling::oops:

Nice thought. Just feel it's a bit late to organise that now, and we are off somewhere special next month for her Birthday (13th) and Valentines Day (14th). She can't be spoiled too much.

Just been looking at Birmingham City Centre, they have a firework display on! Not bad...

yer pmsl!! he has man flu you know!

London is pretty good, come down to Parliament square and watch the fireworks by the thames as big ben strikes midnight. Free parking in London of an evening too

Original Poster

bailey2k4;3888790

London is pretty good, come down to Parliament square and watch the … London is pretty good, come down to Parliament square and watch the fireworks by the thames as big ben strikes midnight. Free parking in London of an evening too

700,000 watched last year. That's alot of car parking spaces required. lol. Kinda tempted actually, but don't really know London that well if I made a plan and it didn't work out! If you know what I mean by that. lol.

Original Poster

Manchester also has a Fireworks Display. First official one since 2000.

highguyuk;3888765

Nice thought. Just feel it's a bit late to organise that now, and we are … Nice thought. Just feel it's a bit late to organise that now, and we are off somewhere special next month for her Birthday (13th) and Valentines Day (14th). She can't be spoiled too much.Just been looking at Birmingham City Centre, they have a firework display on! Not bad...

Your girlfriends only 12!

ps Valentines day is in Feb.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;3888841

Your girlfriends only 12!ps Valentines day is in Feb.:thumbsup:

Thanks for both of those helpful comments. lol. I hope you know what I mean regarding both of them!

Park just outside the city centre and then use public transport. London NYE is great!

Banned

how about a trip on the london eye and watch the fireworks, pay the extra for the champagne flight as well would be nice

x

how about cardiff? stay in the st.davids hotel

Original Poster

We're off to Manchester

Big 10 minute firework display etc, and then found a £40 Travelodge a couple of miles outside of Manchester so I don't have to drive back of the night time.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Jaffa quake as McVitie's cuts pack sizes - BBC News34
    2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!563836
    3. Cheer me up please?813
    4. Your favourite member of the Labour shadow cabinet is .....79

See more discussions