Groups
    EXPIRED

Stuck in standby mode!

Have a panasonic TV and if you dont use the remote in so long it goes into standby mode and to get it back on you need to press a button on the remote.

Trouble is I cant find the remote anywhere!

Is there anything else I can do

22 Comments

Get a all for one remote and use that.

Turn it off and on again on the tv.

If that doesn't work ^^ Press channel up.

If you have a new smart phone then you can download a remote control app

Original Poster

Theres no buttons on the tv

Original Poster

Comment

y2rotstar

If you have a new smart phone then you can download a remote control app

Which app please? I have an iPhone

JackRH1

Theres no buttons on the tv

If its like my LG there are touch sensitive buttons under the black glass surround , Can be difficult to see .

Sure no buttons on TV? Mine didn't either until I found out it did but only reacted when touched. So not physical but touxh sensitive on the bezel

JackRH1

CommentWhich app please? I have an iPhone

You didn't say the model but perhaps this will work itunes.apple.com/gb/…t=8

Original Poster

Comment

IamMT

You didn't say the model but perhaps this will work … You didn't say the model but perhaps this will work https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/panasonic-tv-remote-2/id590335696?mt=8

Doesnt work

Your phone will have to have an infrared blaster (IR blaster)

Unplug it and plug it back in?

Original Poster

Comment

craigstephens

Unplug it and plug it back in?

Comes back on in standby mode

Whats the model number of the TV?

Find the remote. It's down the back of the sofa

Original Poster

Comment

lonegunman01

Whats the model number of the TV?

TX-50A400B

cdn.cnetcontent.com/fc/…pdf say's you should have button on the back, could be a problem if wall mounted tho.

Also if you have sky you can program the sky remote to the TV.

Original Poster

Comment

lonegunman01

http://cdn.cnetcontent.com/fc/c5/fcc55b8f-8b35-4308-9a1a-67d1c69186bb.pdf … http://cdn.cnetcontent.com/fc/c5/fcc55b8f-8b35-4308-9a1a-67d1c69186bb.pdf say's you should have button on the back, could be a problem if wall mounted tho.

Thank you for your help can you tell me what page it shows the button on the back?

Also my sky remote is connected to the tv volume iv tried changing the volume and nothing happens

Original Poster

Nevermind, just found the buttons on the back of the tv feel such a moron! Thanks for your help!

If you can use the buttons to get into the tv menu you can apparently turn off standby mode:-

''This tv keeps putting itself back onto standby when it's switched off. How can I stop this?

Go into Menu. Move the highlight down to 'Timer'. You will see two titles to the left - Timer and Auto Standby. Highlight these and OK them to 'Off' ''

No problems, glad to have helped, also EBAY LINK FOR REMOTE

Edited by: "lonegunman01" 2nd Dec 2014
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1917
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30124
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7251370
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876389

See more discussions