Student Account

    I am starting uni this september and i need a student account with an overdraft but i was wondering if i have to wait till i am actually at uni in order to get it? Cant find much information



    I believe most banks need your acceptance letter once you have actually registered on the course? I think they also needed to see info of funding (ie: loan/grant) but not sure if the second part is still the case.

    With an OD? Don't just open a student account and withdraw the OD as you will start getting demand letters if you don't pay any money in. Usually your student loan goes in so as long as there is some turnover, the banks are ok.

    My daughter opened one last year, she needed her acceptance letter from uni to do it. You can open one locally before you start uni, best to wait and see what offers the banks are making for student accounts. Usually new student accounts are open around July/Aug time. Most banks will change an ordinary account to a student account if you know who you want to bank with.
    On your application form to student loans you can either leave it blank for the moment or put in a building society account and change it later.
    Hope that helps.
    Post a comment
      Top Discussions
      1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2957
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764181
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846148
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17406142

      See more discussions