Groups
    EXPIRED

Student buying a portable(ish) laptop

hi everyone; first things first, awesome site you guys. the advice and input from everyone means this site is slowly beginning to replace my parents as a source of consultation for all things financial! ;-)

haha from that above statement, you can probably all guess i'm a student. And, it has become time that i replace my current laptop which i bought 4 years ago now, with a newer model. i was looking for build quality, a bit of style, and portability; with this in mind, what would you guys all have to say about this:

]http//ww…m=2

i know i could get around £50 off with one of the vouchers, and it falls below the £800 mark if i deselect the anti-virus software. I'm only concerned about the graphics; 128 shared memory could become a bit of a bummer, esp with vista on board. I'm not really an avid gamer though; but i'm a medical student, so would need some graphical capability to use certain sorts of anatomy programs and the like.

i've also waited for about 6 months already, even though i really do need a laptop; would it be wise to wait longer for core 3 to come out, and either purchase one of those? waiting would also mean that current core2 laptop prices should also take a considerable hit.

I'd really appreciate any help!

thanks

3 Comments

There was a laptop posted last week which I thought was quite good and beats the one from dixons hands down in terms of price and specs, check out this:
    ]http//ww…1-6

You could add a graphics upgrade to 256meg, a bigger battery and the top screen to that Dell Inspiron 6400 and still come home with plenty of change from your £800

hotukdeals.com/for…cer
    take a look at this thread..the acer with the better graphics chip seems good value....Sony are overpriced in my opinion.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 2 for 1 at Alton Towers this weekend?22
      2. Sky45
      3. Why do people scam on Gumtree?55
      4. HELP - am i being scammed on gum tree1521

See more discussions