Student Choice Gift Card - Now TV

Posted 1st Mar
Hi hotukdealers

I received a Student Choice gift card that I won recently (I'm not a student but apparently you can spend it regardless of that). I went on the website and saw that Now TV is temporarily unavailable. Does anyone here know if that has happened before and if so, how long it took before it became available again? I currently have a Now TV pass so wasn't going to get it today, but just saw that and didn't know why it would be unavailable.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

19 Comments
IamMT01/03/2020 17:04

https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/nowtv.com

Thanks, but I was asking if anyone knows when Now TV is likely to be available again on the Student Choice gift card options, not about the Now TV service being down
andrewworrall101/03/2020 17:05

Thanks, but I was asking if anyone knows when Now TV is likely to be …Thanks, but I was asking if anyone knows when Now TV is likely to be available again on the Student Choice gift card options, not about the Now TV service being down

My apols.
IamMT01/03/2020 17:06

My apols.

It's fine no need to apologize, you were just trying to help, I appreciate it
I got one like 2 years ago, never used it as it's rubbish, in store staff don't know how to use it and online is only rubbish merchants. Now TV passes all free on VeryMe right now so better not to waste your GC on that.

Though CS is good, they just sent me replacement card as mine had expired with full balance on it.
jamie1502/03/2020 03:26

I got one like 2 years ago, never used it as it's rubbish, in store staff …I got one like 2 years ago, never used it as it's rubbish, in store staff don't know how to use it and online is only rubbish merchants. Now TV passes all free on VeryMe right now so better not to waste your GC on that.Though CS is good, they just sent me replacement card as mine had expired with full balance on it.

I don't have VeryMe. If Now TV doesn't become available when my pass expires with Now TV I will just use it at Costa if they know how to put it through the till. I might try buying a different gift card at WHSmith first though, on self service machine of course
andrewworrall102/03/2020 09:34

I don't have VeryMe. If Now TV doesn't become available when my pass …I don't have VeryMe. If Now TV doesn't become available when my pass expires with Now TV I will just use it at Costa if they know how to put it through the till. I might try buying a different gift card at WHSmith first though, on self service machine of course

I can sort you out, which codes do you need?
jamie1502/03/2020 09:35

I can sort you out, which codes do you need?

Thanks Jamie, I just logged in to my Now TV account and for some reason my cinema pass expired early? If you have a cinema code I'd really appreciate it, although I will contact Now TV customer service as well to see what's going on there. Entertainment pass is on my account until 1st May so don't need that at the moment - if there's anything I can give in return for the cinema code let me know and I'll see what I can do!
andrewworrall102/03/2020 09:40

Thanks Jamie, I just logged in to my Now TV account and for some reason my …Thanks Jamie, I just logged in to my Now TV account and for some reason my cinema pass expired early? If you have a cinema code I'd really appreciate it, although I will contact Now TV customer service as well to see what's going on there. Entertainment pass is on my account until 1st May so don't need that at the moment - if there's anything I can give in return for the cinema code let me know and I'll see what I can do!

Sent Probably best to contact them first before applying.
Edited by: "jamie15" 2nd Mar
jamie1502/03/2020 09:48

Sent Probably best to contact them first before applying.

I will yes, thanks Jamie you're a legend
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 2nd Mar
andrewworrall102/03/2020 09:34

I don't have VeryMe. If Now TV doesn't become available when my pass …I don't have VeryMe. If Now TV doesn't become available when my pass expires with Now TV I will just use it at Costa if they know how to put it through the till. I might try buying a different gift card at WHSmith first though, on self service machine of course

I just contacted them, Costa and Now TV have been removed Only 6 choices left
Edited by: "jamie15" 3rd Mar
jamie1503/03/2020 17:29

I just contacted them, Costa and Now TV have been removed Only 6 …I just contacted them, Costa and Now TV have been removed Only 6 choices left

Isn't it false advertising then to have Costa and Now TV on the card? Could at least have notices on the gift card stands. I managed to buy a different gift card in WHSmith with mine using self service though
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 3rd Mar
andrewworrall103/03/2020 17:30

Isn't it false advertising then to have Costa and Now TV on the card? …Isn't it false advertising then to have Costa and Now TV on the card? Could at least have notices on the gift card stands. I managed to buy a different gift card in WHSmith with mine using self service though

Wow thanks for that, I will do the same! Do these just go through as credit cards at self service? Do you use PIN or does swipe work?
Edited by: "jamie15" 3rd Mar
jamie1503/03/2020 17:31

Wow thanks for that, I will do the same! Do these just go through as …Wow thanks for that, I will do the same! Do these just go through as credit cards at self service? Do you use PIN or does swipe work?

It goes through as a MasterCard swipe card (select bank card as payment and swipe it, don't select WHSmith gift card or voucher) although do not get a gift card that has a multiple choice for amount (so Uber won't work for example) as they can't be bought on self service. A gift card with a single amount only will work. I got Nintendo eShop $15

Also, if you get a higher value gift card than what is on your Student Choice gift card just pay the difference with cash first. I'm not sure if it'll let you use the Student Choice card and a bank card together
andrewworrall103/03/2020 17:38

It goes through as a MasterCard swipe card (select bank card as payment …It goes through as a MasterCard swipe card (select bank card as payment and swipe it, don't select WHSmith gift card or voucher) although do not get a gift card that has a multiple choice for amount (so Uber won't work for example) as they can't be bought on self service. A gift card with a single amount only will work. I got Nintendo eShop $15Also, if you get a higher value gift card than what is on your Student Choice gift card just pay the difference with cash first. I'm not sure if it'll let you use the Student Choice card and a bank card together

Thanks, will take a look
jamie1503/03/2020 17:45

Thanks, will take a look

No worries! Of course, best to use self service as it isn't actually allowed to get a gift card using a gift card in WHSmith let me know how it goes
jamie1503/03/2020 17:29

I just contacted them, Costa and Now TV have been removed Only 6 …I just contacted them, Costa and Now TV have been removed Only 6 choices left

40035387.jpgAccording to Costa they are still accepting them until the end of 2020. They're too late now anyway as I've spent my card like I said
andrewworrall103/03/2020 18:34

[Image] According to Costa they are still accepting them until the end of …[Image] According to Costa they are still accepting them until the end of 2020. They're too late now anyway as I've spent my card like I said

I contacted Student Choice and they said it's stopped. Will try WHSmith anyway as I prefer GC
jamie1503/03/2020 18:38

I contacted Student Choice and they said it's stopped. Will try WHSmith …I contacted Student Choice and they said it's stopped. Will try WHSmith anyway as I prefer GC

Yeah gift card is definitely better
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants