Groups

Student finance is handled in the worst possible way.

I've tried to get in contact with student bleeping finance for 4 days in a row, 2 of which i was unable to get through because "all their advisors are busy, please call back later" and another because they were updating their system in the middle of the day. clever idea!

Today i got through and it took an arguement with him to even check if they're recieved my paper application, supposingly he needed a date I posted it before he would look on my account.

Because I couldnt remember he looked, told me they havent processed it yet. BUT they're still working through JUNES paperwork! I explained i start university in a couple of weeks and the university have already taken £450 off me and will want the tutition fee and accommodation fees when i arrive, totalling £4,000ish? Supposingly hes "highly unlikely i will recieve my money anywhere near the date i need it."

Anyone feel like this government body needs sorting out bigstyle!?

9 Comments

the scottish syetems work perfectly from my experience

Jus Sayin' :lol:

Did you submit the forms late?

Original Poster

Late because their system wouldnt work and customer services told me to keep waiting a week because their system would come back online.

But this was like 1 1/2 months ago when i send in the paper supporting application. Their system wouldnt let anybody do their parents supporting application.

Original Poster

haha i dont mind scottish residents even get more money :O

My gf did it a while ago (starting her 2nd year of uni this month) and has never had any problems with them.

You're not the only one having problems, the whole system is a shambles. Have a read: news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm

My girlfriend is starting uni in 2 weeks and they haven't sorted her application out yet. She applied as soon as she could, months ago! :x

yea they are quite retarded tbh. I filled up and completed my application in mid February and it was finally 'income based' assessed just a month ago ....

Now because I used adjustment to change the Uni I'm going to. I had to fill up another form and send it to them.
    I sent it over 2 weeks ago and they still haven't updated SH**. :@

Original Poster

oldmanhouse;6256227

You're not the only one having problems, the whole system is a shambles. … You're not the only one having problems, the whole system is a shambles. Have a read: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/8247063.stmMy girlfriend is starting uni in 2 weeks and they haven't sorted her application out yet. She applied as soon as she could, months ago! :x

exactly the same... i dont think they'll sort out most peoples applications in time. Hoping watchdog or something will get hold of this anna from weakest links hosting it now, nobody messes with her!

to me, talking to the university explaining i havent got the cash is frankly embarrassing, it'll seem like im the wrong when im not

lucky i saved a little bit so i can last for the first term

Original Poster

mus_ne;6256338

yea they are quite retarded tbh. I filled up and completed my application … yea they are quite retarded tbh. I filled up and completed my application in mid February and it was finally 'income based' assessed just a month ago .... :|Now because I used adjustment to change the Uni I'm going to. I had to fill up another form and send it to them. I sent it over 2 weeks ago and they still haven't updated SH**. :@

oh my... u send it in 2 weeks ago. your going to be at the bottom of the list, which i thinks totally unfair
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Your dream gaming set up?815
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …134311
      3. Cat Chat74711
      4. Any PS4 News Here29213637

See more discussions