Groups
    EXPIRED

Student House Insurance

I'm looking for the best deal for student house insurance- am renting a single room in shared private accommodation and looking to insure a macbook (value £700) and ipod touch (value £300). I've looked at Endsleigh and it's about eighty quid, was just wondering if anyone knows of any other good student insurers. Rep given for anyone who can help!
    Cheers!

5 Comments

My student insurance is with Endsleigh. When I was looking (2 months ago) nobody could touch them. We did have a higher insurance amount but they were still best by over 100 quid. They have something to do with the student union so I think this is why they give special prices to students. Someone may find a better deal for you but for me they were best.

Original Poster

Yeah, there is an Endsleigh office on my campus, I think they are credited by the NUS or something. Cheers for the help, I think Endsleigh is the best I'm going to get. 6% Quidco too, ain't bad.

wilbur7;2815224

My student insurance is with Endsleigh. When I was looking (2 months ago) … My student insurance is with Endsleigh. When I was looking (2 months ago) nobody could touch them. We did have a higher insurance amount but they were still best by over 100 quid. They have something to do with the student union so I think this is why they give special prices to students. Someone may find a better deal for you but for me they were best.

torapoole, assuming that you're of typical student age, and otherwise living with your parents then you may be covered by their contents insurance. Might be worth getting them to 'phone up their insurance provider and check.

I know I was covered by my parents insurance when I was at Uni (admittedliy a good few years ago now!)

Original Poster

That's a good tip, will look into that, cheers :thumbsup:

Mike73;2816162

torapoole, assuming that you're of typical student age, and otherwise … torapoole, assuming that you're of typical student age, and otherwise living with your parents then you may be covered by their contents insurance. Might be worth getting them to 'phone up their insurance provider and check.I know I was covered by my parents insurance when I was at Uni (admittedliy a good few years ago now!)

Might be worth checking ]Karma Insurance. I haven't used it but it came recommended.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1944
      2. Any PS4 News Here29313800
      3. EasyJet flights for summer 2018 (up until 2nd Sept 2018) will be released o…22
      4. Toys R Us may soon be Toys No More - USA possibly filing for Bankruptcy2526

See more discussions