Student Laptop recommendation

Found 28th Aug 2017
My niece is off to uni and as a well done gift I'm looking to buy her a new laptop. Budget is up to £400 to include Microsoft office.

Help appreciated pls

Choc
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Might sound a daft question but what course is she taking at uni as this give us a better idea about what specs the laptop needs.
Students can get Office free from almost all Universities.
Edited by: "airbus330" 28th Aug 2017
the offer for aldi's next week special buy might be suitable - 11.6 inch though which might be a little small, but benefits from apparently >10 hour battery life

alternatively theres a 15.6inch laptop bundle on offer at AO - Asus i believe
Original Poster
kester764 h, 6 m ago

Might sound a daft question but what course is she taking at uni as this …Might sound a daft question but what course is she taking at uni as this give us a better idea about what specs the laptop needs.

International Business Studies
choc196932 m ago

International Business Studies

Shouldn't need that high of spec machine unless you're doing a lot of multimedia work. A cheap kaby lake i3 should be plenty with 8GB of ram. Have a look on ebay for refurbed laptops.
Get a refurb off eBay (I think pc world do some on their eBay page) and install the extra RAM. You'll have to check in product description for whether extra RAM can be installed though.

If you're not keen on getting a refurb for her then some places are doing online sales for bank holiday so good to have a look at those. Also some new ones on eBay too.
Original Poster
Thanks for comments......I'm not looking for a refurbished one and have looked online. I just can't decide. Maybe I'll pop in to JL with her
I'd have said a macbook for sure, but they start at £845 (using the nus link with free beats headphones).
Maybe ask if she wants to go halves with you for a macbook, I wish I'd had one at uni rather than a PC!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants