Groups

Student Loans

After finally paying off my Student Loans from many moons ago, I made the final payment over the summer.

I got a letter in this morning telling me that I'd OVER paid by almost £50 and to contact them to arrange the refund.

I'm now quids in for around 50 smackers. Nice One!

10 Comments

lol of ur own money...nice one steven!

Banned

your round? :-D

Original Poster

acecatcher3;3260494

lol of ur own money...nice one steven!

Cheers! I thought I'd poured more cash down the hole, but hearing that I will get some of it back is a result!

Its now marked to buy Gears of War 2! :-D

Original Poster

Salder21 : your round?

YES! My round everyone!

Barman!?!?! A pint of lager and a 1000 straws please...!!!

StevenA2000_uk;3260514

Cheers! I thought I'd poured more cash down the hole, but hearing that I … Cheers! I thought I'd poured more cash down the hole, but hearing that I will get some of it back is a result!Its now marked to buy Gears of War 2! :-D

with that last sentence i now believe thats the best £50 ull ever get in ur life!

how much did you owe and how long did it take you to pay off (if you don't mind me asking?)

I have nearly £12,000 to pay off, lol

Original Poster

I had 3 loan accounts totalling about 7 grand. I kept deferring it for years though and although at that time the Interest was set at the rate of inflation it added about another grand and a half on interest by the time I started to repay it. I paid if off circa 1000+ a year so around 8 years all in.

Munkster;3260530

how much did you owe and how long did it take you to pay off (if you … how much did you owe and how long did it take you to pay off (if you don't mind me asking?)I have nearly £12,000 to pay off, lol

Munkster;3260530

how much did you owe and how long did it take you to pay off (if you … how much did you owe and how long did it take you to pay off (if you don't mind me asking?)I have nearly £12,000 to pay off, lol

You and me both!

I feel like Im going to be paying my back forever - to be fair its only been a few years.
    I have paid between £1-2K per year and am hoping to be clear by the time I retire ;-) ok maybe within 10 years

Make sure you keep a close eye on them, I just assumed they'd stop taking money out of my pay when I'd paid it all off, but they ended up overcharging me by about £700 - and I only borrowed £1400 in the first place!

haha why is that when they want their money they can suck it away from u no probs but when they have to return it u gotta write to them and do all sorts! :roll:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …270925
      2. Weekly game codes giveaway 1831735
      3. Your dream gaming set up?2657
      4. word association Game72944189

See more discussions