Student NUS card

Posted 21st Sep
Anybody know if you get a student discount card doing an online study?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

38 Comments
Search for Totum on here...
IamMT21/09/2019 10:24

Search for Totum on here...

Thank you although it doesn’t work with EE and seems to offer less that nus 😞
ndyanem21/09/2019 10:52

Thank you although it doesn’t work with EE and seems to offer less that n …Thank you although it doesn’t work with EE and seems to offer less that nus 😞

It is NUS now
eslick21/09/2019 11:02

It is NUS now

Hmm, I’ll try a different EE advisor as they said they only work with nus
ndyanem21/09/2019 11:02

Hmm, I’ll try a different EE advisor as they said they only work with nus

You might need to explain that new users are now on TOTUM which is part of NUS
Just checked and I can still log onto NUS extra with the same password,offers are the same but EE doesn’t show up but does if you go via the links mentioned below.
Edited by: "eslick" 21st Sep
eslick21/09/2019 11:14

Just checked and I can still log onto NUS extra with the same …Just checked and I can still log onto NUS extra with the same password,offers are the same but EE doesn’t show up

Oh no 😞

Just checked and I can still log onto NUS extra with the same …Just checked and I can still log onto NUS extra with the same password,offers are the same but EE doesn’t show up

Is it this?
rewardmobilestore.co.uk/nus

I have no idea what a good deal for a phone would be!
Edited by: "IamMT" 21st Sep
ndyanem21/09/2019 11:15

Oh no 😞

Similar. I’ve just found out EE can price match with other EE sites so hopefully that will solve that issue. Although I think I will purchase a TOTUM card
ndyanem21/09/2019 11:55

...I think I will purchase a TOTUM card

If you successfully obtain a Totum card please return and post the MO, thanks.
AndyRoyd21/09/2019 13:09

If you successfully obtain a Totum card please return and post the MO, …If you successfully obtain a Totum card please return and post the MO, thanks.

MO?
ndyanem21/09/2019 10:52

Thank you although it doesn’t work with EE and seems to offer less that n …Thank you although it doesn’t work with EE and seems to offer less that nus 😞

Totum "EE Partner" Reward Mobile
ndyanem21/09/2019 13:12

MO?

Maybe you should post that on the two discussion threads
20% student discount direct with EE is via Unidays ee.co.uk/hel…unt
IamMT21/09/2019 11:38

Is it this?https://www.rewardmobilestore.co.uk/nusI have no idea what a …Is it this?https://www.rewardmobilestore.co.uk/nusI have no idea what a good deal for a phone would be!

AndyRoyd21/09/2019 13:16

Totum "EE Partner" Reward Mobile

Thanks just searched for EE and nothing came up.
I believe all the loopholes have stopped now, I saved a load over the years.

Just signed my student son up to student beans and nus/totem and both fully verify courses and an AC.UK domain email is needed.
Edited by: "JulianL" 21st Sep
JulianL21/09/2019 14:40

I believe all the loopholes have stopped now, I saved a load over the …I believe all the loopholes have stopped now, I saved a load over the years.Just signed my student son up to student beans and nus/totem and both fully verify courses and an AC.UK domain email is needed.

You don't need .ac.uk to sign up to UNiDAYS/StudentBeans, any education email address works. Vast majority of secondary schools would issue school email addresses and those will work.
Unidays is better and free. NUS/TOTUM pretty much same offer but it’s not free
Apple.user21/09/2019 21:57

Unidays is better and free. NUS/TOTUM pretty much same offer but it’s not f …Unidays is better and free. NUS/TOTUM pretty much same offer but it’s not free

I think there are only a few discounts worthwhile on NUS, mainly Amazon and Co-op (the former of which is unnecessary if you have a .ac.uk email address).
jamie1521/09/2019 14:59

You don't need .ac.uk to sign up to UNiDAYS/StudentBeans, any education …You don't need .ac.uk to sign up to UNiDAYS/StudentBeans, any education email address works. Vast majority of secondary schools would issue school email addresses and those will work.

But you still have to ACTUALLY be a student then, no loopholes? which is I think what the OP wanted
JulianL24/09/2019 18:15

But you still have to ACTUALLY be a student then, no loopholes? which is I …But you still have to ACTUALLY be a student then, no loopholes? which is I think what the OP wanted

Not sure about current loopholes for NUS. I am just saying that .ac.uk is not required for UNiDAYS/StudentBeans. You can buy either of these accounts on eBay because of this.
So do secondary schools email addys work, with .sch.uk ? Trying to find a way to renew my prime student account before my time runs out. My son now has an sch address.......though guessing I'd have to make the amazon account in his name then?
So what is the process these days?

Sign up to Unidays, maybe using my own credentials rather than my sons but with his email address? Pay for a card? receive it, then send evidence to Amazon?
Midnight.Tboy02/10/2019 15:10

So do secondary schools email addys work, with .sch.uk ? Trying to find a …So do secondary schools email addys work, with .sch.uk ? Trying to find a way to renew my prime student account before my time runs out. My son now has an sch address.......though guessing I'd have to make the amazon account in his name then?So what is the process these days?Sign up to Unidays, maybe using my own credentials rather than my sons but with his email address? Pay for a card? receive it, then send evidence to Amazon?

UNiDAYS/StudentBeans will work with secondary school email but they won't give you access to Prime Student, you need .ac.uk or Totum for that.
jamie1503/10/2019 14:23

UNiDAYS/StudentBeans will work with secondary school email but they won't …UNiDAYS/StudentBeans will work with secondary school email but they won't give you access to Prime Student, you need .ac.uk or Totum for that.

doh thanks - damn, I may have to pay full whack for Prime this year round
Midnight.Tboy03/10/2019 17:47

doh thanks - damn, I may have to pay full whack for Prime this year round …doh thanks - damn, I may have to pay full whack for Prime this year round

You don't need to verify every year with Amazon, only need to do it once for 4 years of access I believe.
jamie1503/10/2019 18:04

You don't need to verify every year with Amazon, only need to do it once …You don't need to verify every year with Amazon, only need to do it once for 4 years of access I believe.

Just checked and it was 2 1/2 years since I managed to get my NUS Card before, and goes back to full whack next month
Midnight.Tboy03/10/2019 18:24

Just checked and it was 2 1/2 years since I managed to get my NUS Card …Just checked and it was 2 1/2 years since I managed to get my NUS Card before, and goes back to full whack next month

I've had Prime Student since 2017 and renewed twice, still says same price.
jamie1503/10/2019 18:34

I've had Prime Student since 2017 and renewed twice, still says same price.

This is the email I received a couple weeks ago. It was Feb 17 according to emails that my NUS card was on the way (so will have been 6 months free Prime just after that point)

----
Thanks for being a Prime Student member! Your Prime Student Membership will end on 8 November 2019. On that date, your Prime membership will automatically renew for the full-price of Prime and you will continue to get Unlimited fast delivery, access to thousands of movies, TV shows, Music, eBooks, unlimited photo storage, and more. The change will be automatic, charging your default payment card (or another payment card on file) the Amazon Prime membership fee of £79.00/year.

Still a student?If you are still a student and would like to remain in the Prime Student program, just verify your student status before 07-Jan-2020 to keep your Prime Student membership and renew at the discounted rate of £39.00/year for up to four years.
Midnight.Tboy03/10/2019 18:52

This is the email I received a couple weeks ago. It was Feb 17 according …This is the email I received a couple weeks ago. It was Feb 17 according to emails that my NUS card was on the way (so will have been 6 months free Prime just after that point)----Thanks for being a Prime Student member! Your Prime Student Membership will end on 8 November 2019. On that date, your Prime membership will automatically renew for the full-price of Prime and you will continue to get Unlimited fast delivery, access to thousands of movies, TV shows, Music, eBooks, unlimited photo storage, and more. The change will be automatic, charging your default payment card (or another payment card on file) the Amazon Prime membership fee of £79.00/year.Still a student?If you are still a student and would like to remain in the Prime Student program, just verify your student status before 07-Jan-2020 to keep your Prime Student membership and renew at the discounted rate of £39.00/year for up to four years.

Just log in and try and renew with totum you can get a pro card did it a couple of weeks ago no questions asked , delivered to home address and sent picture of the app to Amazon and they extended student prime.
eslick03/10/2019 19:22

Just log in and try and renew with totum you can get a pro card did it a …Just log in and try and renew with totum you can get a pro card did it a couple of weeks ago no questions asked , delivered to home address and sent picture of the app to Amazon and they extended student prime.

back then it wasn't Totum, but NUS - I tried logging in with my email address, and forgotten password options etc but said no account existed so I then tried signing up fresh - which is where stuck with now on selecting the place of study option. Hopefully someone will find another 'online course' that will work again
Midnight.Tboy03/10/2019 19:42

back then it wasn't Totum, but NUS - I tried logging in with my email …back then it wasn't Totum, but NUS - I tried logging in with my email address, and forgotten password options etc but said no account existed so I then tried signing up fresh - which is where stuck with now on selecting the place of study option. Hopefully someone will find another 'online course' that will work again

Ours was NUS as well expired last month search for @IamMT deals they have one to get a card
eslick03/10/2019 20:25

Ours was NUS as well expired last month search for @IamMT deals they …Ours was NUS as well expired last month search for @IamMT deals they have one to get a card

oh cool thanks I'll take a butchers

Ours was NUS as well expired last month search for @IamMT deals they …Ours was NUS as well expired last month search for @IamMT deals they have one to get a card

That's awesome - thanks I've signed up that way Just have to wait for the card now then can verify
£16.50 - sheesh the price went up a bit since last time but its better than 80 for full prime. I'll have to try and find some other places where I'll actually use the card this time round to get some more back from it.

Shame don't get another 6 months free
installed the Totum app and submitted the photo from that, I remember that worked for me in the past on the NUS app instead of having to wait on the physical card

They accepted the digital card photo from the app.

Mind their email says "We've received your proof of continued student status and have extended your Prime Student membership for one additional year." The card itself looks to be valid til Jan 2021 - so hopefully I can at least get a 2nd renewal out of it - bit of a faff if have to get a new card yearly
Midnight.Tboy04/10/2019 15:47

They accepted the digital card photo from the app.Mind their email says …They accepted the digital card photo from the app.Mind their email says "We've received your proof of continued student status and have extended your Prime Student membership for one additional year." The card itself looks to be valid til Jan 2021 - so hopefully I can at least get a 2nd renewal out of it - bit of a faff if have to get a new card yearly

yeah they did the same with ours, fingers crossed or at least you might have to provide the proof again next year, doesnt show past next year on our Amazon account but its not due until March anyway.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants