Studio account credit check

Posted 8th Mar
Hi, does opening a Studio account (without taking up the credit check) automatically still put a soft search on your records? Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
Yep it does
dimelow200608/03/2020 13:07

Yep it does

No, it leaves a hard search record openly visible to other lenders. Quote from Studio:
"When you apply for your personal account we will perform checks that will be visible to other lenders on your credit file."
support.studio.co.uk/s/a…dio
AndyRoyd08/03/2020 13:58

No, it leaves a hard search record openly visible to other lenders. Quote …No, it leaves a hard search record openly visible to other lenders. Quote from Studio:"When you apply for your personal account we will perform checks that will be visible to other lenders on your credit file."https://support.studio.co.uk/s/article/Your-Account-Explained-Studio

Thanks, it seems a little excessive if you have no interest in the credit account side. Looking at my experian theres a soft search from today (when i started creating an account), i stopped when it asked for length i live here but after submitting name, dob and address lol
chocobogamer08/03/2020 16:24

Thanks, it seems a little excessive if you have no interest in the credit …Thanks, it seems a little excessive if you have no interest in the credit account side. Looking at my experian theres a soft search from today (when i started creating an account), i stopped when it asked for length i live here but after submitting name, dob and address lol

I thought the only available payment option was via Studio credit? Maybe I misinterpreted previous HUKD threads.
I am sure a hard search would only occur after permission was specifically granted by the prospective customer; prior to that permission may be soft search, maybe presented as an ID check or similar.
chocobogamer08/03/2020 16:24

Thanks, it seems a little excessive if you have no interest in the credit …Thanks, it seems a little excessive if you have no interest in the credit account side. Looking at my experian theres a soft search from today (when i started creating an account), i stopped when it asked for length i live here but after submitting name, dob and address lol

AndyRoyd08/03/2020 17:36

I thought the only available payment option was via Studio credit? Maybe I …I thought the only available payment option was via Studio credit? Maybe I misinterpreted previous HUKD threads....

Note the terminology used in current t&c which by definition implies your are requesting credit:
"We do not take any payment when you place your first order, instead you will be prompted at the checkout to open an account - you need to hold a Studio account to enable you to shop our fabulous range of products at prices you'll love!"
Also note additional terminology from earlier t&c (although may have changed but I've not checked):
"As we send out goods on approval, a quotation search is undertaken."
Maybe if same MO is used now, there is a soft search for a "quotation", and a hard search for an "order" ?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants