Expired

Stuff floating around in my bourbon?

Found 2nd Dec 2017
Around a month ago I bought a bottle of wild turkey from Tesco and stored it away for the festive season. Today I was having a sort out and the bottle caught the light and I noticed a lot of "stuff" in it.

There is a large clump of light coloured sediment type stuff near the bottom and also smaller parts that run throughout the bottle all the way to the top.

This is my first bottle of wild turkey so 2 questions, 1 is this normal and what they call barrel char? 2 if not can you prove a purchase using a clubcard account, or does it just log the purchase amount and not the individual transactions?
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Barrel char is usually black/dark in colour. It sounds like what you are seeing are solidified lipids which managed to get through filtration.

What temperature are you storing at? Try bringing the bottle to a warmer temperature and see if they disperse. It might be the recent cold weather has caused the lipids to solidify and thats what you’re seeing
As long as you haven't broken the seal. I would just take it back to the shop and point out the floaters.
If you've a Tesco carrier bag, put on in that, to add to the fact you've bought it from there.
I'm 99% sure they'll just swap it.

If they don't. I'd stain the liquid into another bottle and consume within 24 hours, just to make sure it's properly safe
If you have toubles just buy another bottle drink the new one and return the old with the proof of purchase for the new, unless they've changed their packaging in the meantime
Heavenkiss7 m ago

Barrel char is usually black/dark in colour. It sounds like what you are …Barrel char is usually black/dark in colour. It sounds like what you are seeing are solidified lipids which managed to get through filtration. What temperature are you storing at? Try bringing the bottle to a warmer temperature and see if they disperse. It might be the recent cold weather has caused the lipids to solidify and thats what you’re seeing

Ah OK that's possible as it's being stored in my garage which is pretty much as cold as outside. Still not normal though is it? I've got JD and Jim Beam in the same location and they are fine. I'll put it in the kitchen and see what happens, cheers.
Derek_Horatio_Shatwell10 m ago

As long as you haven't broken the seal. I would just take it back to the …As long as you haven't broken the seal. I would just take it back to the shop and point out the floaters.If you've a Tesco carrier bag, put on in that, to add to the fact you've bought it from there.I'm 99% sure they'll just swap it.If they don't. I'd stain the liquid into another bottle and consume within 24 hours, just to make sure it's properly safe

I would have thought they'd be fine with it, yes the seal is still intact as I was keeping for Christmas & the new year but been slightly put off of wild turkey now...

Not sure I could do 70cl in 24hrs and live to tell the tale
Segata-Sanshiro9 m ago

If you have toubles just buy another bottle drink the new one and return …If you have toubles just buy another bottle drink the new one and return the old with the proof of purchase for the new, unless they've changed their packaging in the meantime

That thought has crossed my mind, the original receipt might be in the wife's tardis of a handbag so I'll have a proper look first.
Richard_Richard1 m ago

I would have thought they'd be fine with it, yes the seal is still intact …I would have thought they'd be fine with it, yes the seal is still intact as I was keeping for Christmas & the new year but been slightly put off of wild turkey now...Not sure I could do 70cl in 24hrs and live to tell the tale

Are you in London? If so I can help you out
Segata-Sanshiro7 m ago

No I live in Kent - Garden of England so Kent tourist board calls it, I must be in the weed patch that is Dover. Quite regularly crops up in town lists and with good reason.
Richard_Richard9 m ago

I would have thought they'd be fine with it, yes the seal is still intact …I would have thought they'd be fine with it, yes the seal is still intact as I was keeping for Christmas & the new year but been slightly put off of wild turkey now...Not sure I could do 70cl in 24hrs and live to tell the tale

Segata-Sanshiro7 m ago

You may need more bottles to make that an attractive offer, @Richard_Richard.
It'll be mouse droppings . Little bu.....ers get everywhere
Richard_Richard1 h, 17 m ago

No I live in Kent - Garden of England so Kent tourist board calls it, I …No I live in Kent - Garden of England so Kent tourist board calls it, I must be in the weed patch that is Dover. Quite regularly crops up in town lists and with good reason.

Wed patch? Never heard it called something so complimentary
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants