EXPIRED

stuff to remove glue

Banned
Loo and sink have stickers on and cant get them off, tried but all i get off is the paper bits, the glue is stuck like poops, is there something to use to remove the glue (tried fairy liquid and hot water)

15 Comments

White spirit??

Original Poster Banned

Train Driver;2579589

White spirit??

thanks td, i knew there was something just couldnt think of the name:thumbsup:

sassie;2579611

thanks td, i knew there was something just couldnt think of the … thanks td, i knew there was something just couldnt think of the name:thumbsup:

You're wellcome sassie.............Now about my grass that needs cutting..........:whistling:

Original Poster Banned

oh flip flop holy doops, i have just reported your post instead of adding rep, sorry mods, sorry td, my only excuse was son was mithering me :oops::oops::oops:

Trying to get me banned:w00t:

Try nail varnish remover with acetone this normally works really well when removing sticky stuff?

Original Poster Banned

Train Driver;2579676

Trying to get me banned:w00t:

sorry td, had son wittering on and wsnt waching what i was doing, this isnt the first time i have done this, more likely to ban me :oops::oops:

sassie;2579700

sorry td, had son wittering on and wsnt waching what i was doing, this … sorry td, had son wittering on and wsnt waching what i was doing, this isnt the first time i have done this, more likely to ban me :oops::oops:

I forgive you sassie........Now get round here with your Flymo:-D

Deodorant or hairspray works wonders, are they porcelain though? If not be careful what you use as anything you use may affect the finish, lemon juice is good too

Give nail varnish remover a go, I've used that for removing loads of sticky labels from various things.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

Paint thinner should work
(I got that from american pie :P )

Kim and Aggie moment! I saw on a show a while ago, for stickers on furniture, i think it was mayonnaise they used, put it on, left it, and then it was easy. WD40 as well works

Original Poster Banned

gave the nail varnish remover a go, and brill all removed now, thanks all xxx

sassie;2579928

gave the nail varnish remover a go, and brill all removed now, thanks all … gave the nail varnish remover a go, and brill all removed now, thanks all xxx

Don't want to sound a know it all, but I thought it would!!!

Glad it helped :thumbsup:

Mayo works a treat, we bought some new glasses and mugs and they all had stickers on, someone suggested mayo, so we tried it and it worked !! Fantastic.

Also worked for the price sticker on my new driver (golf club).
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. GOT Leaks again416
    2. Any Xbox One news today?2356123
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763949
    4. Stop everything, Nutella is bringing a biscuit snack to the market - Metro1312

See more discussions