Stunt Scooters

Found 14th Dec 2017
Hi all. My son is getting into using his scooter now and we regularly go to a skate park.

I'm looking to upgrade his current scooter but know nothing about what are good brands etc.

Anyone any advice as to what brands to look for / avoid etc?
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
15 Comments
This is what you would have wanted, I can not find anywhere that sells them this well made anymore, they were a bargain at £20, I purchased 3 of them for my kids, they are that well made even a heavy adult can use them, plus the inflated tyres are a lot better for jumps when managing etc, My kids are a bit to old for them now so keeping for the grandkids not that I have got any yet. hotukdeals.com/dea…748

32735078-GkY9I.jpg
A quick check and it looks like Amazon don't stock them anymore amazon.co.uk/Stu…-21
Is this one any good? Picked it out as it has pneumatic tyres?? And postage costs.
eBay
Perhaps someone with some knowledge could give their opinion please.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 14th Dec 2017
Original Poster
Thank you. Will keep looking. He currently has a J D Bugg one I got from toys r us but I don't think they are up to the rigours of some of the stunts the kids do
SOUTHWALES1 h, 7 m ago

This is what you would have wanted, I can not find anywhere that sells …This is what you would have wanted, I can not find anywhere that sells them this well made anymore, they were a bargain at £20, I purchased 3 of them for my kids, they are that well made even a heavy adult can use them, plus the inflated tyres are a lot better for jumps when managing etc, My kids are a bit to old for them now so keeping for the grandkids not that I have got any yet. https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/stunted-dirt-scooter-1987-free-delivery-amazon-1999748[Image]

This isn't good for scootering in a skatepark.
DT891 m ago

This isn't good for scootering in a skatepark.

My kids would tell you otherwise, when the other kids seen there's they all wanted them.
Look on skate Hut, they have an excellent choice for all budgets, my son has a sacrifice which is used to
Don't have a clue about stunt scooters, my kid has a off road one with big wheels made by hudora, but have you tried halfords thy do em
SOUTHWALES4 m ago

My kids would tell you otherwise, when the other kids seen there's they …My kids would tell you otherwise, when the other kids seen there's they all wanted them.

You must be referring to young kids not teenagers doing 720 triple tailwhips jumping out of a ten foot bowl.
Decent scooter brands are Mgp,district,chilli, sacrifice, it depends how much you want to spend, stunt scooters will be £100 + if he's at the skate park will need a strong scooter what won't bend.
Stormten52 s ago

Decent scooter brands are Mgp,district,chilli, sacrifice, it depends how …Decent scooter brands are Mgp,district,chilli, sacrifice, it depends how much you want to spend, stunt scooters will be £100 + if he's at the skate park will need a strong scooter what won't bend.

This.

Someone on here recommending rubber wheels for a skate park lol
Edited by: "DT89" 14th Dec 2017
DT894 m ago

OP do your son a favour and buy him a skateboard Back in the day I …OP do your son a favour and buy him a skateboard Back in the day I remember the scooter kids first emerging and being hated by both BMX and skateboard users alike. They were even worse than extreme rollerbladers. On a serious not make sure he's got a decent helmet. I've crashed in young kid when he scooted in front of me and the slam almost took his head off because he was too close to avoid.Looking at stunt scooters you're going to want to pay at least £100-200 for a decent one. This link is for Xmas 2015 but you get the idea:http://rampworx.com/2015/11/04/buyers-guide-top-10-stunt-scooters-this-christmas-2015/

I remember BMX, i remember all the kids wanting them and then preferring to keep taking my Raleigh because what they really wanted to do was bomb around the estate racing each other and those puny BMXs were rubbish at that and the free spinning strange shapped handle bars made em a complete dog to steer
Segata-Sanshiro6 m ago

I remember BMX, i remember all the kids wanting them and then preferring …I remember BMX, i remember all the kids wanting them and then preferring to keep taking my Raleigh because what they really wanted to do was bomb around the estate racing each other and those puny BMXs were rubbish at that and the free spinning strange shapped handle bars made em a complete dog to steer

Yeah but your Raleigh wouldn't be fit for purpose on any sort of ramp.
Original Poster
Stormten16 m ago

Decent scooter brands are Mgp,district,chilli, sacrifice, it depends how …Decent scooter brands are Mgp,district,chilli, sacrifice, it depends how much you want to spend, stunt scooters will be £100 + if he's at the skate park will need a strong scooter what won't bend.

Brill, that's the sort of info I'm after, decent brand names so I can compare prices a bit and not get completely ripped off by the shop at the skate park
DT898 m ago

Yeah but your Raleigh wouldn't be fit for purpose on any sort of ramp.

I doubt even 10% of BMXs ever went near one.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions