Groups

stupid me

Banned
    hi just recieved a call and the man said he was a neighbour and had a parcel delivered for me to his address by mistake he knew my first name then said is my address etc which was correct then he put the phone down relly quickly i am a bit worried this is some time of scam anyone have any ideas thanks

26 Comments

Were you expecting a parcel?

pmsl - how did HE get your telephone number ?
    Edited by: "choc1969" 27th Sep 2010

1471 ?

Banned

why stupid you?

Bizarre. If he was a neighbour why wouldn't he just pop round?

Original Poster Banned

DAMNOME

1471 ?

caller witheld number just wondered if there was some time of scam happening that anyone knew about .

A neighbour would just bring it to your door wouldn't they. Chloe do you think he was naked when he rang?

Banned

He could possibly a trace investigator trying to verify your address.

Commonly used in the debt collection industry.

How could it be a scam?? You've not parted with anything

mceverready

He could possibly a trace investigator trying to verify your address. … He could possibly a trace investigator trying to verify your address. Commonly used in the debt collection industry.

Yeah - good thought. So when he's got you by the scruff of the neck you can't deny you are who you are...

He's on his way round then

Debt collectors trying to confirm that you still live there. Naughty naughty...

Banned

baffledsalmon

Debt collectors trying to confirm that you still live there. Naughty … Debt collectors trying to confirm that you still live there. Naughty naughty...

How is that naughty?

Big Rick again

Banned

mceverready

He could possibly a trace investigator trying to verify your address. … He could possibly a trace investigator trying to verify your address. Commonly used in the debt collection industry.

yep ,apparently the do this...just to confirm they have the right person,if you owe anything be prepared for a visit from the scum.

Banned

Penny Saver

Yeah - good thought. So when he's got you by the scruff of the neck you … Yeah - good thought. So when he's got you by the scruff of the neck you can't deny you are who you are...

I think these days most debt collection is done over the phone, so probably unlikely to encounted this particular situation OP (not suggesting you are in debt or anything!)

mceverready

I think these days most debt collection is done over the phone, so … I think these days most debt collection is done over the phone, so probably unlikely to encounted this particular situation OP (not suggesting you are in debt or anything!)

Really - over the phone? Shame, a visit from that Jamie Waller chap would be worth getting into debt for...

http://www.realir.net/article_images/articledir_11394/5697316/1_fullsize.jpg

Maybe he's an identity stealer

Original Poster Banned

don't owe any money but did wonder about a debt collector thanks for your ideas

choc1969

pmsl - how did HE get your telephone number ?

it is possible for the telephone number to be on the parcel label-some couriers do this-in case the driver cant find your house,some companies put all your details on the label.

pinkleponkle

Big Rick again

what is big rick?

yeah this is a known scam, they ring to check if you're in, now they know that you are they will be watching the house to see when you go out and then they will burgle you

I bet the OP is scared half to death now!

Bloody hell I'm worried for the woman now....never mind her !!

Banned

Borat

what is big rick?

BIG RICK be afraid, be very afraid!!!!

So... is the OP still around, or has her entire inventory been removed for auction?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!22
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553771
      3. Old one pound coins are they worth more then their face value48
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423914467

See more discussions