stupid or bone lazy?

Found 31st Jul 2007
maybe it is me getting older? but more and more on this site i have noticed people who spent ages finding a deal and posting it for everyone.

then someone asks the most stupid questions like "can i buy it in blue"?

someone has posted the link, the price and people cant even be bothered to find something out for themselves??

in the request section on a daily basis , someone will almost guaranteed ask " where is the cheapest xbox360?"

do thy follow the rules and post where they have found it to be the cheapest? nope.

now my thoughts are that either these people are REALLY that stupid that they have no idea how to use the search facilities or find something out all on their very own.

OR

they have become THAT lazy that they expect others to find everything out for them.

on some of the longer threads which may be 6 or 7 pages long, i see someone type things like

" i couldnt be bothered to read through 6 pages, how do i get it cheaper?"

so they know the answer they are looking for is actually in the thread they have posted in , but they are THAT lazy that they cant be bothered finding it for themselves.

as i say, maybe it is me becoming a grumpy old man but i just find myself shaking my head in disbelief with some of the posters.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
20 Comments

I was too lazy to read through your entire post so would you be able to sum it up in a sentance or two please? lol

Just joking, yeah i've noticed that people can never be bothered to read through long threads to find the answer. You dont get the satisfaction of finding out the answer if you just ask someone for it.

It may not always be laziestness and some people might not be completly computer literate, I worked with somebody teaching me yesterday who could barely explain how the database operated and how the entire system worked and thats was all computer based.

I myself, have requested deals, which I know have already been requested, but I do search through the previous threads of the same topic for example when I requested information and good deals about a Canon EOS 400D. I read through other posts, and they were two - three weeks older so weren't so up to date.

What I think you also have to remember is this site is very busy, busy forums mean that threads are all over the place. If ten people posted in ten difference topics at the same time, in the Deal Request category after you'd posted your request, then yours would be put down to the bottom, which will be views just not to a such as big audience.

Jay

Original Poster

jamesterror

It may not always be laziestness and some people might not be completly … It may not always be laziestness and some people might not be completly computer literate, I worked with somebody teaching me yesterday who could barely explain how the database operated and how the entire system worked and thats was all computer based.I myself, have requested deals, which I know have already been requested, but I do search through the previous threads of the same topic for example when I requested information and good deals about a Canon EOS 400D. I read through other posts, and they were two - three weeks older so weren't so up to date.What I think you also have to remember is this site is very busy, busy forums mean that threads are all over the place. If ten people posted in ten difference topics at the same time, in the Deal Request category after you'd posted your request, then yours would be put down to the bottom, which will be views just not to a such as big audience.Jay

i can understand part of your point, but the search facility is there, you dont have to be computer literate to use it and if someone isnt computer literate enough to use the search facility, then maybe they should learn?
take this for example

this was posted in a thread about the nintendo wii, the thread tells you aporoximately 25 times the prices yet someone posts

"can someone tell me the price of the ps3 and xbox 360 at blockbusters??"

so they come onto a website, read a deal where they can save money yet cant even be bothered to either read through the thread or horror of horrors, go to the blockbuster website where the anser is on the 1st screen that loads up, in a dirty great banner.

that is merely 1 example, check the request section out. there are not exactly many rules in that section, but people cant even be bothered to read them or make a proper request

like this one

"Im looking for one for my psp it has to be 4gb.

Thanks"

and they expect people to give them help when they dont help themselves?

if you can get on the internet then you can get onto google.
if you can get onto this website, you can get onto the search facility.

in the request for the w810i, by using the search engine it comes up with deals, if you are worried that the deal is no longer available, try it.

Some fair comments. But you must know not everyone knows what there doing on a computer and some people can be as thick as pig poo.

1. How to use the search facility?

If you haven't used vBulletin before, or any other forum you'll have a problem since I don't think it stands out that well. 5 letter work squashed in at the top. Yes, I do think its silly people not having the faintest who to use it, or could be as you say, stupid or bone lazy. I'd put it down to being stubbon also.

Though I'm just saying not everybody has the knowledge you may have with computers, or this website. Some people could have heard this from a friend, and though "Oh I'll check this site out". I've setup home networks for people, and I've been asked questions on websites, and how to do things such as create an e-mail address, as simple as it sounds, some people don't have that knowledge.

Though I see this as a complaint, you might as well report your problems to a Mod or Admin. For one I really don't understand why it bothers you since you aren't part of the administration and moderation team..

Original Poster

jamesterror

Some fair comments. But you must know not everyone knows what there doing … Some fair comments. But you must know not everyone knows what there doing on a computer and some people can be as thick as pig poo. 1. How to use the search facility?If you haven't used vBulletin before, or any other forum you'll have a problem since I don't think it stands out that well. 5 letter work squashed in at the top. Yes, I do think its silly people not having the faintest who to use it, or could be as you say, stupid or bone lazy. I'd put it down to being stubbon also.Though I'm just saying not everybody has the knowledge you may have with computers, or this website. Some people could have heard this from a friend, and though "Oh I'll check this site out". I've setup home networks for people, and I've been asked questions on websites, and how to do things such as create an e-mail address, as simple as it sounds, some people don't have that knowledge.Though I see this as a complaint, you might as well report your problems to a Mod or Admin. For [SIZE="5"]one I really don't understand why it bothers you since you aren't part of the administration and moderation team[/SIZE]..

hmm yet i see you posted a reply in the request section on the post i highlighted with the responce

"If you look any harder your eyes might melt.

eBuyer:

ebuyer.com/cus…=UK

£38.54 inc VAT.

Don't be lazy, search yourself next time. I just bought one, does the job. "

so it must also get on your nerves?

it has nothing to do wth being a mod or admin, it is pointing out the shear lazyness of people and the expectation that their time is far more important than anyone elses which is why they cant possibly be expected to use their own time to find out something for themselves.

it annoys me because from time to time i go into the request section to see if i can fill a request, however when i see the lack of any effort for someone to find anything out for themselves i wont wipe their metaphoric backsides for them.

Sloth/Mod

I think the thing to do is ignore it.
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Some people are lazy, some don't know how to use the search and some don't know about price comparison sites.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Easy to forget that we all knew nothing as well once. :thumbsup:[/SIZE]

It does seem that people have never heard of Google before..........

Asking for opinions/reviews, Fine, But asking "So what is it", DO A GOOGLE YOU DAFT SODS!

Original Poster

Syzable

I think the thing to do is ignore it.[SIZE=2][/SIZE] [SIZE=2]Some people … I think the thing to do is ignore it.[SIZE=2][/SIZE] [SIZE=2]Some people are lazy, some don't know how to use the search and some don't know about price comparison sites.[/SIZE][SIZE=2][/SIZE] [SIZE=2]Easy to forget that we all knew nothing as well once. :thumbsup:[/SIZE]

when i wanted to buy a digital camera when they were sort of newish ( well 4 years ago) i was going to be spending the best part of £400, i spent 4 days looking for reviews, purchased magazines and tried to find out as much stuff i possibly could on the subject as i didnt want to be throwing my money away.

nothing in this world is free, however some are that bone idle that they dont just want it for free, they want you to get it for them aswell.

you are correct in that we all knew nothing once, however when there is the amount of research material on hand online that there is, it is inexcusable.

i doubt very much people are that cumputer iliterate that they cant use the search button, after all, they found the web site and managed to work out how to post their stupid question in the first place.

if i went onto a board where people were posting deals that are potentially saving me hundreds if not thousands of pounds on potential purchases, i would be reading very carefully what i am supposed to do, to make sure a) it is not a scam and b) so i get the discount.

yet not only are these people getting the great deals, they cant even be bothered to work out how to use the discount codes, vouchers and other stuff.

i posted something yesterday where a game comes up at £24.99 which is in an offer 2 for £35, yet some bufoon states that when they search on the argos board for that game it shows up at a different price?

wtf??? it shows up with 5 games all with the same name ( different formats) for some reason there are 2 on the xbox360, 1 priced at £24.99 and the other at £37.99. the fool then moans that it has come up at £37.99 as he selected that one instead of the cheaper one??? then when told the cheaper one is still there he says he knows it is but it also shows another price on another product.

that sort of stupidity takes some beating i have to say.

Sloth/Mod

LOL

But it all adds to the character of the site. ;-) :giggle:

Original Poster

and another

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeNOc|DE
This does sound good. I shall investigate tomorrow hopefully! Thank you for the heads up Andysan!

EDIT: Actually, looking on thier website they have Ghost Recon for £10.97 inc delivery? I could be missing something but I would say its worth double checking on the site before buying instore! "

got a link? i cant find it on there site, cheers.

UNBELIEVABLE, really.

I know I helped somebody, I'm nice. Yes? It didn't hurt to give somebody a link which took me less than 30seconds because it was in my favourites. Hence you see my comment about using the search next timeee.

Original Poster

jamesterror

I know I helped somebody, I'm nice. Yes? It didn't hurt to give somebody … I know I helped somebody, I'm nice. Yes? It didn't hurt to give somebody a link which took me less than 30seconds because it was in my favourites. Hence you see my comment about using the search next timeee.

but ARE you helping them? help them to help themselves by not giving them what they want.

tough love works.

:thumbsup:

If you are letting this bother you so much you need to get out and about a bit more

Original Poster

mightyreds

If you are letting this bother you so much you need to get out and about … If you are letting this bother you so much you need to get out and about a bit more

i cant at the moment, i dislocated my shoulder and am on large amounts of pain killers, so im off work and need to keep entertained otherwise i would turn into a cabbage as i wont be back at work any time in the next 3 weeks.

yet more examples of stupidity both are from the same thread, it looks like the average iq for console owners is less than i first thought ( and yes i have 3 onsoles so it also makes me a div).

i have added my reply to each of these posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieH
any1 tried in portsmouth????

yes it was a mixed success, i found that in the evening when i went out with a couple friends to a pub ( i cant remember the name of it) which is by the dock area, there were not many ladies, the sailors however were friendly, i would say TOO friendly.
how ever, after going to rileys 24 hour snooker hall ( or a version of it) which was on the outskirts of portmouth, bizarrely, i got chatting to a couple fit birds who were waiting for their mother who worked in the snooker hall. within 30 minutes i had taken one of the girls ( she was over 18, i checked first), back to the hotel my company had paid for. we had a lovely time and i romanced and courted her for the best part of 1 hour. we then made our excuses and left.

her name was claire, i never did find out what claires last name was, or if she wanted to ever meet up again.

does this work then or are thy not offering £26 anymore?

it does work.

you need to stand in a dark alleyway at 11.46pm with a red carnation in your top button hole and whistle "im spinning around", then moon walk out of the alleyway WITHOUT looking backwards.

upon exit of the alleyway, look behind the flowerpot which should be just to the left of the telephone box ( the red old fashion one, not the new email one further down the road). there you will find £26.

if on the otherhand, you are asking whether or not the current offer which this whole thread is about, is still running? what have you done to find out? have you telephoned a blockbusters to enquire? emailed them? poopped into a local blockbusters shop?

sometimes, not helping is the best way to help someone.

The ones that bug me are "Are there any codes for *****" when there are loads in the voucher section and if you tell them that they ask you to post them instead because they cant be bothered to look there as there are too many to look through!

I have used the request section, but it is when I am actually unsure of whether a product exists (e.g. babygate that can go on round surfaces!) or not sure where to start looking (laptop/overnight bag). Also when I want opinions on which product would be best (mobile phone, swing set etc) as I am unsure in that area. I have no problem helping people out with queries like that, and do so regularly. I only get annoyed when they want vouchers that would take them seconds to find themself on this site!

Original Poster

kelly_o_fanatic

The ones that bug me are "Are there any codes for *****" when there are … The ones that bug me are "Are there any codes for *****" when there are loads in the voucher section and if you tell them that they ask you to post them instead because they cant be bothered to look there as there are too many to look through!I have used the request section, but it is when I am actually unsure of whether a product exists (e.g. babygate that can go on round surfaces!) or not sure where to start looking (laptop/overnight bag). Also when I want opinions on which product would be best (mobile phone, swing set etc) as I am unsure in that area. I have no problem helping people out with queries like that, and do so regularly. I only get annoyed when they want vouchers that would take them seconds to find themself on this site!

i have thought about using the request section before but google gave me the answer i required. and yes vouchers are even easier to locate than individual products.
it is the whole thing that annoys me, people are coming here to save money ( or make money as is the case of some), and instead of reading the information infront of them to work something out for themselves, they expect others to do everything for them, so not only have YOU spent a long time finding a deal out ( well i do , if i want something i will spend hours hunting for it as cheap as possible even if it is £1 cheaper i will spend the extra time to find it, but i will then post it on here if i think it is a decent money saving thing or good deal. so what makes your time worth less than these peoples? because by expecting you to look up answers for them because they cant be bothered , they are suggesting that their time is worth more than wasting it looking something up, they can get someone else to do
it for them.
i had some one pm me 6 times yesterday asking for me to post some games i hunted down and managed to research and found i would get a fare amount of trade in value on. now i explained fully to this person that i had spent 4 hours checking through EVERY game on every format to see if i could work out if any were super cheap that by buying them and trading them in i would make a decent return. i told him that all the info was there and he needed to go and find the game, he kept pming me back 'oh i cant find games at that price' so i gave him hints on what sort of things to look for and he came back 2 minutes later saying that he couldnt find them having searched, i typed 1 word into the search on this site and it brought up what i had been telling him. lazyness, stupidity and lies.

i get VERY annoyed when people lie about things and it was quite clear he expected me to tell him things that had taken me hours and phone calls to work out. i told him why i would not tell him until i had recieved my items incase i lost out on the deal and some idiots purchased 100's of each thing ruining it for everyone and he still pm's me back asking again why i wouldnt tell him and that as i had ordered my items it was unfare to not share the info.

it makes me wonder how many bargains we miss out on ( and i mean the really great bargains) because people are sick of delaing with these sort of people who expect everything to be handed on a plate and try and buy loads so everyone loses oout on the deal just so they can make a quick buck..

the idiot who omd me several times was quite obviously one of these people who wants to buy loads of items so noone else can enjoy the offer.

i did share a little info with a couple people but that was because they showed a little bit of comon sense and intelligence.

maybe we should have an iq test on here to decide if people are allowed to join, also maybe we should have to put our national insurance number in so we are limited to deals our legal income will alow.

that would stop 1/2 these fleabayers and the idiots.

:thumbsup:

brum

i have thought about using the request section before but google gave me … i have thought about using the request section before but google gave me the answer i required. and yes vouchers are even easier to locate than individual products.

Well I have found it useful as a starting point, and then gone on to research each of the suggestions myself. I dont expect people to do the work for me, and wouldnt use it if I could do a price comparison or something

I often help out in that section too and the worst thing is, some people dont even say thank you for spending your spare time helping them!

brum

maybe we should have an iq test on here to decide if people are allowed … maybe we should have an iq test on here to decide if people are allowed to join, also maybe we should have to put our national insurance number in so we are limited to deals our legal income will alow.

you really do need to chill out, just ignore the requests you don't like it's not hard.

mightyreds

you really do need to chill out, just ignore the requests you don't like … you really do need to chill out, just ignore the requests you don't like it's not hard.

Lol yeh that is a bit ott.

Original Poster

jamesterror

Lol yeh that is a bit ott.

i could do but i am getting to the age of 35, i can now officially practice at being a grumpy old man.:x

im merely refining my skills for when i reach 60.:thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text