Stupid Question but how do i know if my comp has dvd writer?

Found 13th Jan 2009
As above - thanks!

12 Comments

has it got a logo like this or similar on the drive?

http://www.diskdepot.co.uk/acatalog/dvd-rw-dl-logo.gif

Go to mycomputer and if the drive just says d drive it wont be a re-writer for dvds - its needs to say DVD-RW writer - or look at the drive for a dvdrw sign

Original Poster

On front of tower it has dvd multiplayer, cd rewritable and rwcombo - means nothing to me lol

Original Poster

dandoc2;4052923

Go to mycomputer and if the drive just says d drive it wont be a … Go to mycomputer and if the drive just says d drive it wont be a re-writer for dvds - its needs to say DVD-RW writer - or look at the drive for a dvdrw sign

In my computer it says DVD/CD-RW DRIVE (d)

loobie;4052968

In my computer it says DVD/CD-RW DRIVE (d)

sounds like its just a dvd reader & cd writer combo to me

Open the DVD drive, stick in a bit of paper, close it...wait for 5 mins, then eject the disc and all will be revealed! :-p

Original Poster

Can i put a dvd writer in my comp?

loobie;4053163

Can i put a dvd writer in my comp?

Yep, Should be able to, Dvd burning generally uses more system resources though when it's encoding video etc...

Original Poster

shauneco;4053381

Yep, Should be able to, Dvd burning generally uses more system resources … Yep, Should be able to, Dvd burning generally uses more system resources though when it's encoding video etc...

Do you need a super duper computer then? Mine's pretty cack and slow

loobie;4053586

Do you need a super duper computer then? Mine's pretty cack and slow

Nope, any old PC will burn DVD

Original Poster

Excellent thank you, rep left x

You need to check what kind of connection you need if your ordering a new one. If it's an older PC and your swapping out your current one it'll probably be IDE/PATA, the newer versions are SATA.

If you manage to pull out the one you have, compare it to thses pics.

]This is IDE

]This is SATA - Power cable on left, data on right.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game74244898
    2. Lego Dimensions has officially been cancelled.33
    3. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…2546
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769321

See more discussions