Stupid question but some help would be great. Thanks.

8 replies
Found 6th Jun 2009
I have just got a new laptop. New to vista so have been trying to download various things like 4od, firefox, etc. When the download screen appears if I press save it disappears never to be seen again while if I press run it will download then disappear.

Usually on XP it would just run automatically. What am I doing wrong? Vista is doing my head in!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
8 Comments

Oh, I'm in a really good mood...really wanted to help but can't...sorry :-D

what browser?

Original Poster

explorer as I can't download firefox! click box to keep the box open is unchecked also so should stay open but doesn't.

Left click the START button, bottom right(on the task bar)
Then left click where you see your name/account name
This will open up a new window, and your downloaded files will be in the 'downloads' folder :thumbsup:

andyat2002;5414619

explorer as I can't download firefox! click box to keep the box open is … explorer as I can't download firefox! click box to keep the box open is unchecked also so should stay open but doesn't.

and the files don't turn up where you saved them?

C:\Users\(Your Name)\Downloads

Should be there if they've downloaded.

Original Poster

They just didn't save anywhere on my harddrive. Definately appeared to download but didn't save. As I said restart did the trick

andyat2002;5414695

They just didn't save anywhere on my harddrive. Definately appeared to … They just didn't save anywhere on my harddrive. Definately appeared to download but didn't save. As I said restart did the trick

Didnt see you say anything about a restart... glad you got it sorted now tho :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…3973
    2. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…46
    3. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3275
    4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 192 ***215

See more discussions