Groups

Stupid question i know but please bare with me

Banned
    Hi all, i know im being a little blonde here but to get tv to work with out freeview on do i need to buy an extension aerial to go from freeview back to tv :? and if so where od i purchase one from :oops:

39 Comments

I'm a little puzzled what you mean exactly - do you have an external freeview box which you want to hook up to your TV?

John

Original Poster Banned

Johnmcl7

I'm a little puzzled what you mean exactly - do you have an external … I'm a little puzzled what you mean exactly - do you have an external freeview box which you want to hook up to your TV?John

I have it hooked up but unless the box is on i cant get channels as my aerial is plugged into the freeview box, i getting into a right mess here, why oh why cant everything be wireless :oops:

If you want the TV to work without the freeview box on then you need to put the ariel lead directly into the back of your TV. If the freeview box is turned off then no signal can be passed through.

Original Poster Banned

Syzable

If you want the TV to work without the freeview box on then you need to … If you want the TV to work without the freeview box on then you need to put the ariel lead directly into the back of your TV. If the freeview box is turned off then no signal can be passed through.

So i have to keep changing the aerial over, i know it makes sense to leave the box on, but why waste electricity when only watching normal tv :oops:

sassie

So i have to keep changing the aerial over, i know it makes sense to … So i have to keep changing the aerial over, i know it makes sense to leave the box on, but why waste electricity when only watching normal tv :oops:

The only other way to do it is to buy an Aerial splitter and double aerial socket and two more leads. But they hardly use any electricity anyway.......you're talking pennies to have them on all the time.

Original Poster Banned

Syzable

The only other way to do it is to buy an Aerial splitter and double … The only other way to do it is to buy an Aerial splitter and double aerial socket and two more leads. But they hardly use any electricity anyway.......you're talking pennies to have them on all the time.

So how do i record off tv? Do i have to record through freeview? God im sounder blonder by the minute :oops: Now i know why men where created :giggle: It shows on the piccy an aerial coming out of box back into tv:oops:

P.s how do you hide being online

Do you have to have your freeview off? Even when its on you should get your terrestrial channels (if thats what you're after) as the freeview is probably tuned into channel 10 or AV or something. All the other channels should be still tuned in, bbc1 at button one etc.....if you know what i mean.

or maybe you're looking for something like this? amazon.co.uk

sassie

So i have to keep changing the aerial over, i know it makes sense to … So i have to keep changing the aerial over, i know it makes sense to leave the box on, but why waste electricity when only watching normal tv :oops:

Generally a clearer picture with freeview...

sassie

So how do i record off tv? Do i have to record through freeview? God im … So how do i record off tv? Do i have to record through freeview? God im sounder blonder by the minute :oops: Now i know why men where created :giggle: P.s how do you hide being online

To record of TV you need to run the Aerial to the Video/DVD recorder and then another one back to the Freeview box or TV. Or even easier use a scart lead from your freeview box to the recorder.

Hide online status by going to User CP, select options and then tick the box at the top saying 'Hide Online Status' and then Save Changes. :thumbsup:

damn thought this should have been on the weekend pic thread and was an invitation to undress

Original Poster Banned

Please bare with me

I have two scarts coming from tv, one to dvd/video and one to freeview, i have the aerial plugged into freeview, so to play video i need to turn off box, and to record from tv i need to swap aerial back over, god im sure last time i had one everything just worked without ever moving anything :oops:

Original Poster Banned

jasonrat

damn thought this should have been on the weekend pic thread and was an … damn thought this should have been on the weekend pic thread and was an invitation to undress

I dont mind, go for it ;-)

You are all set to record on that set up as is at the moment..............i think. Confusing me now. :giggle:

Original Poster Banned

Syzable

You are all set to record on that set up as is at the … You are all set to record on that set up as is at the moment..............i think. Confusing me now. :giggle:

Oh balls it can stay as it is, 5 year old be home soon, he probably be able to sort it out :giggle: Thanks for your help syzable apparently i cant leave you any lurve till i spread a little elsewhere :oops:

couldn't you just run another aerial lead back out of the freeview box into the tv (rf socket)? Surely every Freeview box has both an aerial in and out?

Original Poster Banned

MBeeching

couldn't you just run another aerial lead back out of the freeview box … couldn't you just run another aerial lead back out of the freeview box into the tv (rf socket)? Surely every Freeview box has both an aerial in and out?

Exactly what my OP asks, i think :giggle: Where do you get one from? Purlease :thumbsup:

sassie

Oh balls it can stay as it is, 5 year old be home soon, he probably be … Oh balls it can stay as it is, 5 year old be home soon, he probably be able to sort it out :giggle: Thanks for your help syzable apparently i cant leave you any lurve till i spread a little elsewhere :oops:

That's ok..........i'll be the giver on this occasion then. Have some from me instead. :-D

Original Poster Banned

Syzable

That's ok..........i'll be the giver on this occasion then. Have some … That's ok..........i'll be the giver on this occasion then. Have some from me instead. :-D

And i always thought you where a male :giggle:

sassie

And i always thought you where a male :giggle:

I was last time i looked...............but i'm off to check again. Feeling panicky now. :lol:

sassie

Exactly what my OP asks, i think :giggle: Where do you get one from? … Exactly what my OP asks, i think :giggle: Where do you get one from? Purlease :thumbsup:

In a matter of haste I very nearly said 'I'd give you one if you lived nearby'! It won't be the cheapest but even somewhere like Argos will have an RF lead.

Original Poster Banned

Syzable

I was last time i looked...............but i'm off to check again. … I was last time i looked...............but i'm off to check again. Feeling panicky now. :lol:

Well living prove theres the occasional male giver then :giggle: :giggle:

Original Poster Banned

MBeeching

In a matter of haste I very nearly said 'I'd give you one if you lived … In a matter of haste I very nearly said 'I'd give you one if you lived nearby'! It won't be the cheapest but even somewhere like Argos will have an RF lead.

And i plug that from the freeview box into the tv aerial hole (if thats what an RF is, i cant find those initials on tv)?

How many scarts does the FREEVIEW box have?

I have two on vcr, two on tv and two on freeview
    The RF aerial comes from wall (a white cable, circular end) into freeview box
    I have then RF-OUT from freeview into back of VCR
    I have a final RF cable from VCR to tv (i have vcr playback on Channel 0 of TV)

I have a scart from back of freeview into SCART 1 of tv
    I have a scart from back of freeview into VCR

To watch freeview, i click on the box and the tv switches to scart 1
    To watch terrestrial i leave box off and it works via the rf cable from the freeview->vcr->tv
    To watch VCR i have freeview off and switch to tv channel 0
    To record from freeview i go to vcr and select channel aux 0

So i have 3 rf cables and 2 scart leads it seems

Is that helpful or worse?

Original Poster Banned

boydent999

How many scarts does the FREEVIEW box have?I have two on vcr, two on tv … How many scarts does the FREEVIEW box have?I have two on vcr, two on tv and two on freeviewThe RF aerial comes from wall (a white cable, circular end) into freeview boxI have then RF-OUT from freeview into back of VCRI have a final RF cable from VCR to tv (i have vcr playback on Channel 0 of TV)I have a scart from back of freeview into SCART 1 of tvI have a scart from back of freeview into VCRTo watch freeview, i click on the box and the tv switches to scart 1To watch terrestrial i leave box off and it works via the rf cable from the freeview->vcr-tvTo watch VCR i have freeview off and switch to tv channel 0To record from freeview i go to vcr and select channel aux 0Is that helpful or worse?

I let you know when i come back from looking, if i aint blown meself up :oops:

Fairly sure it's something like this you need:

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

It's generally referred to either co-ax or RF - I think you probably need an extension lead (rather than an aerial lead) as the connector on the TV should be different to the one of the Freeview, one male, one female.

John

Original Poster Banned

I have two on vcr, two on tv and two on freeview too

I have aerial from wall into freeview,
    1 scart from tv to video/dvd player
    1 scart from tv to freeview
    1 scart from freeview to video/dvd player

That is it :-D Oh and alot of bleedin dust, not sure if that helps but its there:giggle:

Excellent

So, what was the original question again? I've gotten lost in amongst all the replies
    How many scart and rf CABLES do you have?

Original Poster Banned

boydent999

Excellent :)So, what was the original question again? I've gotten lost in … Excellent :)So, what was the original question again? I've gotten lost in amongst all the replies

Errrrrm oh it really doesnt matter anymore, i aint gonna video anything and i will leave the box on :oops:

Lol, that's fine then, glad to have helped lol

Original Poster Banned

boydent999

Lol, that's fine then, glad to have helped lol

:giggle: :giggle: you never ;-)

I did, i helped you find some dust
    That was the start of this right?

Original Poster Banned

I forgot who i have left rep for now, so if i havent left you anything then a BIG thank you for all your help guys :thumbsup: Im now more confoosed than when i started

sassie

I forgot who i have left rep for now, so if i havent left you anything … I forgot who i have left rep for now, so if i havent left you anything then a BIG thank you for all your help guys :thumbsup: Im now more confoosed than when i started

But on the bright side, i'm back from checking and all is where it should be. *phew* :giggle:

Original Poster Banned

Syzable

But on the bright side, i'm back from checking and all is where it should … But on the bright side, i'm back from checking and all is where it should be. *phew* :giggle:

And i still cant leave you any rep even though ive spread it elsewhere :-(

That's ok As they say....it's always better to give than receive. :-D

Original Poster Banned

Right off to clean some dust, then thats the housework done for another year, again thanks to all that have helped me feel even blonder than i am ;-)

P.s Be ready the next thread is on how to plaster walls, i know you all cant wait, but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do:-D

yes and when u've done yours you can come round and plaster mine.
    i'll make the tea
    are you going to be bare again?

I think the issue has been confused somewhat - I'd try the RF extension cable I mentioned form Argos, it costs less than four quid so if it doesn't work as you want it's no big loss and you can probably find some use for it elsewhere.

The problem is that some devices even when powered off can relay an aerial signal but some can't, it may be the case yours won't when it's powered down.

John

Original Poster Banned

Thanks john, next time im in town will pick one up :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767347
      2. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927370
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1871347
      4. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2445

See more discussions