Style Advice, what colour top can i wear with this Jacket

Posted 7th Jun 2020
I have a herring bone tweed jacket, what kind of top and what colour would go with this, i am a very young 50 year old3480497-IyUkp.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
30 Comments
neon green.
A light shade of Brown
Edited by: "nisc1" 7th Jun
any colour will look nice i reckon. nice jacket
Just wear any colour top you want to wear with it, nobody is really going to care too much about it.
Plain T-shirt .. black or white browns ...wouldn’t go anything with a pattern on. Maybe a v neck sweater underneath perhaps.
Edited by: "Cbear81" 7th Jun
Cbear8107/06/2020 19:17

Plain T-shirt .. black or white wouldn’t go anything with a pattern on

I have tried it with a white t-shirt and that looks Ok, But my wife says i am a t-shirt man so i am looking for others ideas as well, thanks for the suggestion
I would suggest other than what has been said possibly a green or maroon T-shirt; if that is what suits you....
white, black, grey
allowed07/06/2020 19:19

I have tried it with a white t-shirt and that looks Ok, But my wife says i …I have tried it with a white t-shirt and that looks Ok, But my wife says i am a t-shirt man so i am looking for others ideas as well, thanks for the suggestion

You could go long sleeve, couple of buttons on the neck
Red, make a statement
cheekyweegit07/06/2020 20:44

Red, make a statement

i like red t-shirts but i think they look better on women than they do on men
allowed07/06/2020 19:19

I have tried it with a white t-shirt and that looks Ok, But my wife says i …I have tried it with a white t-shirt and that looks Ok, But my wife says i am a t-shirt man so i am looking for others ideas as well, thanks for the suggestion

i think a polo top or a shirt would also look nice.
mutley107/06/2020 20:49

i like red t-shirts but i think they look better on women than they do on …i like red t-shirts but i think they look better on women than they do on men

Depends on the shade of red, lots to chose from and depends on the person and their confidence too.
cheekyweegit07/06/2020 20:53

Depends on the shade of red, lots to chose from and depends on the person …Depends on the shade of red, lots to chose from and depends on the person and their confidence too.

i wear a lot of red as i like the colour and i think it stands out on any outfit. however, my husband also has a couple of dark red shirts and i don't like him in them. i try to hide the shirts in the back of the wardrobe so he doesn't notice them and won't wear them, lol

i just think red is a woman's colour.
Pink - stripes
Edited by: "joyf4536" 7th Jun
allowed07/06/2020 21:09

You mean like this[Image]

That is soooo you! although after the lockdown is the Extra slim fit still the option of choice, (not for my hubby).
Edited by: "joyf4536" 7th Jun
A white oxford shirt
A white tshirt
A black T-shirt
Nothing patterned though as the main item in your outfit will be the jacket.
deleted1105004
Brown, cream or burgundy
Any shouts for a long sleeve Breton with this? Anybody?
mutley107/06/2020 20:49

i like red t-shirts but i think they look better on women than they do on …i like red t-shirts but i think they look better on women than they do on men

I like women but they look better without shirts
joyf453607/06/2020 21:02

Pink - stripes

yikes. i hate men in pink shirts. they look so girly
they tend to be the snobs.
That pink shirt is a no no. I wouldn’t wear a collar shirt as the jacket has the same style collar wouldn’t look right!
sanchez8207/06/2020 22:19

Any shouts for a long sleeve Breton with this? Anybody?

post an image if what you mean
Cbear8108/06/2020 07:16

That pink shirt is a no no. I wouldn’t wear a collar shirt as the jacket h …That pink shirt is a no no. I wouldn’t wear a collar shirt as the jacket has the same style collar wouldn’t look right!

i agree that pink stripe shirt is really bad. however i disagree that a collar shirt doesn't go with the jacket as an open colar shirt can look very nice with a jacket like this.

allowed08/06/2020 18:37

Might work, even for an oldie like me..

no, it won't work
41025049-qiQP9.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text