Groups

'stylish' camera bag for SLR

I have just bought the wife a new SLR camera and am currently looking for a nice camera bag for her to keep it in. Anyone know of a good place to look, I would prefer to get something a bit more interesting than the usual dark grey/black items.

This is about the only thing even close to something she would use but £94 is definitely a lot of money!!

pcworld.co.uk/gbu…tml

I also got her another lens so room for that may be good.....Cheers all!

18 Comments

Try looking at crumpler's range

Original Poster

feelthevibe

Try looking at crumpler's range

Thats the make i have just been looking at on another site, i know it probably wont offer the same protection as other cases do, but she would happily sacrifice that for fashion.........

Banned

I have crumpler, seems to be the better compromise of style and function out there if you don't want to look like a camera anorak.

Original Poster

master_chief

I have crumpler, seems to be the better compromise of style and function … I have crumpler, seems to be the better compromise of style and function out there if you don't want to look like a camera anorak.

Can i ask which size you went for and how much kit you can fit in. Would be good if she could fit in the camera, 2 lens, cables, and anything else photographers use. Is the 2500 range big enough? Seems to be on the photos from this site:
    cliftoncameras.co.uk/Cru…Bag

How about this one from John Lewis

[img]s7v1.scene7.com/is/…918?$product$[/img]
    Edited by: "cannyscot" 10th Feb 2011

Original Poster

Woa! what a colour! she might like this one, but i may look a bit of a plumb if she keeps asking me to hold it whilst she takes pics!!

See they have brown as well but over double the price of the crumpler ive seen.Any experience with SRSmicrosystems anybody?

Crumpler's look nice, but I'm never sure how much protection they offer, I have a lowepro fastpack 350 and it looks fine, if a little geeky

http://products.lowepro.com//CatalogImages/19-2455-SWTIMGZOOM.jpeg

Or this from Lowepro

Banned

manc80

Thats the make i have just been looking at on another site, i know it … Thats the make i have just been looking at on another site, i know it probably wont offer the same protection as other cases do, but she would happily sacrifice that for fashion.........

I have the pretty boy, can't remember what size off top of my head. It just fits the body with lens attached and an extra lens. Cables fit in frount pouch bit.

Banned

sancho1983

Crumpler's look nice, but I'm never sure how much protection they offer, … Crumpler's look nice, but I'm never sure how much protection they offer, I have a lowepro fastpack 350 and it looks fine, if a little geeky

They're well padded but missing kevlar I think

I haven't dropped my camera bag from a big height but I'm fairly careless with it and the camera is in perfect condition.

Why do I feel like we are brothers from another mother?

7dayshop.com quite often do good deals on bags - might be worth a look on there for some (can't say which are good as don't own/use an SLR)

Dave

master_chief

They're well padded but missing kevlar I think :pI haven't dropped my … They're well padded but missing kevlar I think :pI haven't dropped my camera bag from a big height but I'm fairly careless with it and the camera is in perfect condition.Why do I feel like we are brothers from another mother?

I have no idea, although I have thought the same

i have one of the larger crumplers and the padding is better both in thickness and arrangement in that than in my lowepro aw100. the padding in the crumpler can be attached anywhere in the bag as its all kind of fluffy (hope im not getting too technical!) inside where as the padding in the lowepro can only be fixed at certain points, which usually either leaves the lens too loose or is too tight to fit the lens in.

i am comparing a £120 crumpler to a bottom of the range lowepro so maybe a bit apples and oranges

have a look here taschenfreak.de/ind…htm click on the bag and see how people have filled them, its in german but you'll find what you want. there is a better one out there too but can't remember/find it right now

Original Poster

cheers for info. cant believe there is a website of camera bag photos!! nevermind 2!

can anyone also tell me if the memory card i have is ok for her new DSLR? In terms of write speed etc..... or whatever it is that this things needs!!!! I have 2 of these for our HD video camera:

Transcend 16GB SDHC Card Class 10

Original Poster

brilliant. thats one thing i havent got to spend out on then............!

Edited by: "manc80" 10th Feb 2011
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions