Sub £100 mobile for son recommendations?

Posted 12th Nov
Hi guys n girls, I need some help /advice /recommendations.
I'm after a mobile for my 10 year old son as his Sony Xperia Z2 hand me down has finally died a death.
I know the market is saturated so picking something out suitable is very time consuming.
I'm after something that will have a decent camera and be ok with gaming and quite smallish, like 146mm height max. (like the Z2)
Oh and be Android.
Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Argos have Huawei budget handset for around £100 . It's seems good value to me
There are not many small phone I can think of.
Samsung A10
Samsung A20e

Both over your budget & they are entry level smart phone, probably not doing too good on gaming.
Yeah, I'm even looking at the usual selling sites for nearly new phones.
How about Xiaomi Redmi 4x, 6A and 7A, does anybody have any experience with these?
Honor 8S if you want new.

Used Honor 10 @ £150 may be a good choice as it has good processor and half decent camera.
Redmi 6a is a decent phone for a kid, mi a2 lite as well. 6a you can get for £80 ish with a free 12gb three sim card from amazon, and the A2 lite from a HK site if you're OK with that.
houghy113/11/2019 14:46

Yeah, I'm even looking at the usual selling sites for nearly new phones. …Yeah, I'm even looking at the usual selling sites for nearly new phones. How about Xiaomi Redmi 4x, 6A and 7A, does anybody have any experience with these?

Non are as good as the Z2 you'd be replacing, except for having a newer version of Android

AliExpress has some decent deals on refurb phones. Z3 Compact was around £45 the other day.
You can get a LG G6 (H873 Canada version that works on all 4G bands here) for approx £72 with a Snapdragon 821 processor, 4GB RAM, 32GB Storage, great screen and insanely good 32-bit/192kHz audio DAC. Listening to music on these LG phones is a treat.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants