Sub £500 laptop - suggestions

Found 20th Jun
I am in the market for a new laptop and to be honest I don't know my i5 from my i7 or my AMD from my Intel. All the specs about processors etc confuse me and i never know which is best.

Can anyone suggest a good spec laptop within my budget - It needs to be fast, reliable and as higher spec as possible (the bigger screen the better). Main use is office based work, internet use, and general home use. I don't need gaming specs as use PS4 for that.

Whatever it is, it has to be better than my ACER Travelmate 5330 running XP which is an antique now and getting very unreliable - definitely time for an upgrade

Thanks in advance for any help / suggestions.
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
currys.co.uk/gbu…tml

It has as big a screen as you can get (without spending silly money).
Not quite as big a screen as @Bruce_Dwayne suggested but faster processor.

tesco.com/dir…186

I'd be interested in what other laptop experts (of which I am not) think of this as I'm after a new one too!

Thanks in advance.
If it was me, I’d go with @IamMT ‘s suggestion as it’s better in every way except screen size and 15.6” is big enough imo. Significantly faster cpu, more ram, full hd screen and ssd storage.
Bruce_Dwayne3 h, 43 m ago

If it was me, I’d go with @IamMT ‘s suggestion as it’s better in every way …If it was me, I’d go with @IamMT ‘s suggestion as it’s better in every way except screen size and 15.6” is big enough imo. Significantly faster cpu, more ram, full hd screen and ssd storage.

Ta! I might buy it myself, thanks.
IamMT56 m ago

Ta! I might buy it myself, thanks.

To be honest, I like the look of that very same Laptop myself, lol. :-)

Though in the 50/50 phase of whether I need another Laptop or not ...
Thanks for the suggestions, I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I will have a good look at these and see which suits me best.

Cheers!!!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants