Groups

Subscriber on youtube

I have been logging into youtube within the last two weeks to watch videos with my gmail account. I have not posted any videos but I note a little icon under my account which states 1 subscriber.

What is this, anyone know?

23 Comments

It means someone has subscribed to you. This can happen even if you have 0 vids

Original Poster

VGamer

It means someone has subscribed to you. This can happen even if you have … It means someone has subscribed to you. This can happen even if you have 0 vids

Why would someone subscribe to me if I haven't posted anything? How are they able to subscribe to me when I haven't posted anything?

Also, if they subscribe to me, what does that mean exactly? What will they get by subscribing to me on youtube?

Original Poster

Demonmeister

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=youtube+what+are+subscribers&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab&gfe_rd=cr&ei=I9IxWMiBBs338AfUw4XQCQ

I have read that already but that describes subscribers who subscribe to video postings, whereas I have not posted any videos for anyone to subscribe to, so how can anyone even subscribe? how do you subscribe to someone if they haven't posted anything?

mutley1

I have read that already but that describes subscribers who subscribe to … I have read that already but that describes subscribers who subscribe to video postings, whereas I have not posted any videos for anyone to subscribe to, so how can anyone even subscribe? how do you subscribe to someone if they haven't posted anything?

Hello There,

You can subscribe to anyone with a YouTube account regardless if they have video post etc... Also subscribing just a means any videos you post etc will notify them in there subscription folder/notification to let them know you have posted. Hope this helps

Kind Regards
    Ollie
    (YouTube Customer Service Advisor)

It's me

Original Poster

Oliver_Warden8

Hello There, You can subscribe to anyone with a YouTube account … Hello There, You can subscribe to anyone with a YouTube account regardless if they have video post etc... Also subscribing just a means any videos you post etc will notify them in there subscription folder/notification to let them know you have posted. Hope this helps :)Kind Regards Ollie (YouTube Customer Service Advisor)

I am concerned that someone has subscribed to my account when I have not posted anything to subscribe to. The only thing I have ever posted on youtube are two comments, one each to music video, which I thought was very good.

Could it have been that is where they have found the subscribe button from? Or can you actually search for someone on youtube then subscribe to their account?

mutley1

I am concerned that someone has subscribed to my account when I have not … I am concerned that someone has subscribed to my account when I have not posted anything to subscribe to. The only thing I have ever posted on youtube are two comments, one each to music video, which I thought was very good.Could it have been that is where they have found the subscribe button from? Or can you actually search for someone on youtube then subscribe to their account?

​What are you concerned about?

Better get your firewall ready, YouTube subscribers are massing...

big brothers watching you,
    or it could be just a deranged stalker.

Close the borders

Original Poster

craigstephens

​What are you concerned about?

That they have subscribed for a purpose as it is not normal. What exactly can they see? Just anything I post or anything I have visited?

mutley1

That they have subscribed for a purpose as it is not normal. What exactly … That they have subscribed for a purpose as it is not normal. What exactly can they see? Just anything I post or anything I have visited?

First world problems again eh mutters?

Someone probably just clicked the wrong button

Original Poster

chocci

First world problems again eh mutters? Someone probably just clicked the … First world problems again eh mutters? Someone probably just clicked the wrong button

I tend to attract odd people. I am used to get strangers asking to be my friend on Facebook and twitter and pretty much anywhere. Doesn't bother me so much as I just ignore them. However this is the first time that I have started to use my YouTube account and I don't know what a subscriber sees. I guess they will see any comments I make our any videos I post.

They're only after your money Lord Mutley ;).

mutley1

I tend to attract odd people. I am used to get strangers asking to be my … I tend to attract odd people. I am used to get strangers asking to be my friend on Facebook and twitter and pretty much anywhere. Doesn't bother me so much as I just ignore them. However this is the first time that I have started to use my YouTube account and I don't know what a subscriber sees. I guess they will see any comments I make our any videos I post.

Same for everyone. Maybe social media isn't for you

mutley1

I tend to attract odd people. I am used to get strangers asking to be my … I tend to attract odd people. I am used to get strangers asking to be my friend on Facebook and twitter and pretty much anywhere. Doesn't bother me so much as I just ignore them. However this is the first time that I have started to use my YouTube account and I don't know what a subscriber sees. I guess they will see any comments I make our any videos I post.

​They can see everything you do through your webcam ever when your laptop's closed.

Original Poster

craigstephens

​They can see everything you do through your webcam ever when your l … ​They can see everything you do through your webcam ever when your laptop's closed.

This is what i am concerned about, or that they can see every site that i visit but i think you are just winding me up.

mutley1

This is what i am concerned about, or that they can see every site that i … This is what i am concerned about, or that they can see every site that i visit but i think you are just winding me up.

Paranoid comes to mind X)

In all seriousness though you're fine. They can't view anything more about you than a normal user.

mutley1

This is what i am concerned about, or that they can see every site that i … This is what i am concerned about, or that they can see every site that i visit but i think you are just winding me up.

​Im serious. You might want to put a bit of tape over your phones front facing camera too.

best to go off the grid and get yourself a faraday cage

Original Poster

craigstephens

​Im serious. You might want to put a bit of tape over your phones front f … ​Im serious. You might want to put a bit of tape over your phones front facing camera too.

I don't believe you, taking into account what others have said
    Although I did kinda freaked out when I saw the camera icon appear on my ipad when I was in YouTube. X)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047163
      2. word association Game74044552
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767400
      4. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.1527

See more discussions