Subway are switching to all Pepsi products in about a month

Found 26th Jan 2016
So Subway are going to switch to Pepsi drinks in a month. No more coke products at all. Thoughts?
Community Updates
MiscPepsi
92 Comments
They don't do coke zero on the dispensed drinks. If pepsi max is available I'll be happy.
Would rather drink my own urine. Pepsi is rank
Wonder what a Pepsi 6" sub taste like
Most of it is sugary unhealthy rubbish and should be banned.
donaldduck2

Everything is fine in moderation. I quite enjoy the salads from there.
ether707

So Subway are going to switch to Pepsi drinks in a month. No more coke … So Subway are going to switch to Pepsi drinks in a month. No more coke products at all. Thoughts?

If it reduces the intake of drinks that are associated with an increased risk of chronic kidney disease, then Subway can sell more of their own brand food products to the same customers for a longer period.

Result: £Profit.
donaldduck2

​Should we not be able to drink what we want, providing the package contains information stating the sugar levels etc.?
rikkif1990

​Should we not be able to drink what we want, providing the package c … ​Should we not be able to drink what we want, providing the package contains information stating the sugar levels etc.?

I think we should.
I also think they should be heavily taxed though.
Reminds me of the old Rich Hall observation - Pepsi and Coke spend billions of dollars each year on advertising to get brand loyalty. If you're in a bar and ask for a Coke, and get told 'We've got Pepsi, is that ok?', the answer is invariably 'uh...yeah'.
Yep. Same difference imo. As for people saying things should be heavily taxed....how about people taking responsibility for their own input of things that are 'bad' for them rather than getting the government to enforce taxes on everyone?
I haven't been to subway since I was ruthlessly conned out of cheese as a student, but Booo!!! Coke is by far the superior choice.

I walked into a Subway off Piccadilly Circus about 12 years ago, observed that Billy Bear was one of the options, and walked straight back out. Never been back.

[img]metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/201…jpg?w=620&h=512&crop=1[/img]

cdm22

Yep. Same difference imo. As for people saying things should be heavily … Yep. Same difference imo. As for people saying things should be heavily taxed....how about people taking responsibility for their own input of things that are 'bad' for them rather than getting the government to enforce taxes on everyone?

Because people can't really be trusted to be responsible.
teh arn

I run 70 mile a week. Fit as a butchers dog, why should I punished for enjoying the odd sandwich because some fatty chooses not to exercise and consistently eats rubbish?

Paddy_o_furniture

I run 70 mile a week. Fit as a butchers dog, why should I punished for … I run 70 mile a week. Fit as a butchers dog, why should I punished for enjoying the odd sandwich because some fatty chooses not to exercise and consistently eats rubbish?

Do you also pay NI and other taxes?
Have you ever received any benefits?
teh arn

Yeah, 'cause the tax on alcohol and petrol stops people from using those products.
Never had a subway but companies should stick to their brand choices if they want to keep customers that may or may not be bothered by brand choices made by the franchise.

Having said that, I doubt it'll make much difference to customer numbers and if I was being squeezed by coke/pepsi and had a significantly better offer from the other drinks co. then I would be tempted to change supplier as well (from subway's perspective).
teh arn

Do you also pay NI and other taxes? Have you ever received any benefits?

Yes to all 3.
VAT,income tax, fuel duty and council tax along with NI.
I receive child benefit. I've contributed far more to this country than I've had back.
Edited by: "Paddy_o_furniture" 26th Jan 2016
teh arn

I think we should.I also think they should be heavily taxed though.

... Providing the 'sugar tax' is used to subsidise sugar free drinks (e.g +10p on sugary drinks, -10p from sugar free drinks)

Of course we all know that wont happen - and will go to line Mr. Osborne/Camerons pockets instead.
cdm22

Yep. Same difference imo. As for people saying things should be heavily … Yep. Same difference imo. As for people saying things should be heavily taxed....how about people taking responsibility for their own input of things that are 'bad' for them rather than getting the government to enforce taxes on everyone?

Agreed - we give enough money to this sodding government already.
It frustrates me when everyone says "there should be a tax on XYZ..."
Paddy_o_furniture

Yes to all 3. VAT,income tax, fuel duty and council tax along with NI.I … Yes to all 3. VAT,income tax, fuel duty and council tax along with NI.I receive child benefit. I've contributed far more to this country than I've had back.

Good and I hope that you get looked after in your old age by the NHS if you need it.

A higher tax on products like these would lead to more money being raised that can be used for other things e.g. fund the NHS, fund grassroots sports and also fund education so that we help kids to learn about the dangers of consuming all of this food with little exercise etc.
118luke

Agreed - we give enough money to this sodding government already. It … Agreed - we give enough money to this sodding government already. It frustrates me when everyone says "there should be a tax on XYZ..."

Unless you consume stupid amounts of these types of things it's not really going to affect you.
The people that will be hit hardest by this will be those that buy it the most.

I couldn't care less about a tax on tobacco and cigarettes because I don't smoke.
I very rarely consume fizzy drinks (Only as a mixer) so I wouldn't notice a price rise.
teh arn

Good and I hope that you get looked after in your old age by the NHS if … Good and I hope that you get looked after in your old age by the NHS if you need it.A higher tax on products like these would lead to more money being raised that can be used for other things e.g. fund the NHS, fund grassroots sports and also fund education so that we help kids to learn against consuming all of this food with little exercise etc.

Totally going off topic now though, but rather than punishing me for enjoying a sandwich why not chase the multi-national corporations who flaunt the rules to pay minimal tax? That money could be used on funding the NHS, schools, sport and trident successor.

I can then continue to enjoy my sandwich and pepsi max after my daily run.
who cares? probably the same sludge used to make it
nothing like the actual products
Paddy_o_furniture

Totally going off topic now though, but rather than punishing me for … Totally going off topic now though, but rather than punishing me for enjoying a sandwich why not chase the multi-national corporations who flaunt the rules to pay minimal tax? That money could be used on funding the NHS, schools, sport and trident successor. I can then continue to enjoy my sandwich and pepsi max after my daily run.

I'm not saying do one but not the other, they can do both.
Saturn

I walked into a Subway off Piccadilly Circus about 12 years ago, observed … I walked into a Subway off Piccadilly Circus about 12 years ago, observed that Billy Bear was one of the options, and walked straight back out. Never been back.[img]http://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/ad_133571399.jpg?w=620&h=512&crop=1[/img]

You dissing my mate Billy?
splatsplatsplat

I thought Billy had no mates?
splatsplatsplat

teh arn

I thought Billy had no mates?

[img]https://m.popkey.co/ccb5a6/lNRkN_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-web&p=popkey&i=deal-with-it-reactions&l=search&f=.gif[/img]

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/de/7e/65/de7e652f509899cde0d0c83be4ca8259.gif
teh arn

I didn't say it did, did I?You've really gone down hill recently.

When you stated that sugary drinks should be heavily taxed because people cant be trusted - what exactly were you suggesting people can not be trusted to do?

As my reply to you indicated 'sin' taxes do not stop people from consuming the products those taxes are levied against. The rate of tax required to make any significant reduction in consumption would be politically untenable.
118luke

... Providing the 'sugar tax' is used to subsidise sugar free drinks (e.g … ... Providing the 'sugar tax' is used to subsidise sugar free drinks (e.g +10p on sugary drinks, -10p from sugar free drinks)

I cant have 99% of sugar free options as it flares an existing medical condition (fibro) up something chronic if it uses aspartame, I wish I could have sugar free options on mainline brands but the only choice I get is some of the supermarkets own brand pop (asda is not bad for options) and some squashes. So yeah on that basis I would have to pay extra for what is in my case the "healthier" option.
Id much prefer a Pepsi over Coca Cola any day although I tend to steer clear of Subway because of their ethics.
teh arn

Who decides whats free choice and whats responsible? OK to eat loads of sugar if you are wealthy - the tax issue is a con.
stuarthanley

Id much prefer a Pepsi over Coca Cola any day although I tend to steer … Id much prefer a Pepsi over Coca Cola any day although I tend to steer clear of Subway because of their ethics.

why are they unethical, had no idea, thought they just sold fast food.
rikkif1990

​Should we not be able to drink what we want, providing the package c … ​Should we not be able to drink what we want, providing the package contains information stating the sugar levels etc.?

So you think someone that wants to drink baby blood should be allowed?
one_way

So you think someone that wants to drink baby blood should be allowed?

Won't somebody please think of the children.
davewave

Who decides whats free choice and whats responsible? OK to eat loads of … Who decides whats free choice and whats responsible? OK to eat loads of sugar if you are wealthy - the tax issue is a con.

Public health and costing the NHS in the long run could be a factor.

Do you disagree with taxes on Tobacco products?
Fred Smith

When you stated that sugary drinks should be heavily taxed because people … When you stated that sugary drinks should be heavily taxed because people cant be trusted - what exactly were you suggesting people can not be trusted to do?As my reply to you indicated 'sin' taxes do not stop people from consuming the products those taxes are levied against. The rate of tax required to make any significant reduction in consumption would be politically untenable.

As my reply to you indicated 'sin' taxes do not stop people from … As my reply to you indicated 'sin' taxes do not stop people from consuming the products those taxes are levied against. The rate of tax required to make any significant reduction in consumption would be politically untenable.

I wasn't suggesting that it would make a significant reduction in consumption.
Purely raising money for other things that need it.

e.g. Money raised can go towards the NHS, Education, Sports etc.
Use your imagination.
teh arn

Public health and costing the NHS in the long run could be a factor.Do … Public health and costing the NHS in the long run could be a factor.Do you disagree with taxes on Tobacco products?

I think Tobacco and Sugar are far from comparable, I think tobacco and alcohol tax merely serve to punish the poor and addicted.
davewave

I think Tobacco and Sugar are far from comparable, I think tobacco and … I think Tobacco and Sugar are far from comparable, I think tobacco and alcohol tax merely serve to punish the poor and addicted.

So it's not about raising money to help fund other things?
It's just about punishing the poor and addicted?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions