Groups

Sucker Punch... errr...

Anyone else seen this?

I've never looked forward to a movie so much, to then be so utterly disappointed.

Dawn of the Dead... 300... Watchmen... All fantastic movies. Then he goes and makes this.

I switched it off after the first fight scene.. I get the whole "Deeper into her own psychosis" bit.. It just seems to be one gigantic movie trailer. What a complete load of toss.

26 Comments

I sat through all of it but was disappointed too, it was only the fit ladies that kept my attention

I'm still trying to delay the inevitable

strange movie! nothing like I expected it. At all.

watched for the animation sequences... top graphics
    Edited by: "5nowman" 19th Jun 2011

Banned

Waiting for the Director's Cut to pass judgement.

total mess of a film but its gorgeous to look at. every film should have chicks in thigh high stocking/boots and steampunk nazi zombies.

Original Poster

Visually incredible, total agree. I really like Zack Snyders style.

Story though.. Almost no dialogue running upto the first fight scene.. Acting is horrific to boot.. I can't quite believe he thought making a movie which was essentially one big music video would work.

Edited by: "spritey" 19th Jun 2011

and this is from the guy who will direct the next Superman film

Scott Glenn was the wise man??? looked ALOT like Leonard Nimoy (Spock)

Banned

Emily Browing is going to be a big star!

Abvance

and this is from the guy who will direct the next Superman film

I SO wish it was Christopher Nolan!!

I think the guy was having a laugh with this one.

Everyone who paid to watch it basically got Sucker Punched.

I enjoyed it as a piece of art, wasn't really a film.

Watched this last night and agree its awful! Visually stunning in places but basically just a 2 hour music video going from set piece to set piece.

Emily Browing looks ALOT like cameron diaz.

Can't wait to see bad teacher! looks comical!

Well i was going to watch it but it looks like another film like Scott Pilgrim where i spend the entire time wondering what the F is going on.

Its all rather obvious what is going on, although why anyone can think Scott Pilgrim is complicated I don't know!

Banned

Story was really crap - Visually it spectacular

VERY VERY wary on how this new superman movie is going to pan out i know visually it will be amazing, Story wise i really hope it actually has a story and plenty of dialogue unlike sucker punch

I thought watchmen sucked more

This was a bad bad film.

Retro89

Well i was going to watch it but it looks like another film like Scott … Well i was going to watch it but it looks like another film like Scott Pilgrim where i spend the entire time wondering what the F is going on.

I absolutely loved Scott Pilgrim.

This however was all over the place with a confusing story and disappointing resolution.

I'll definitely be giving it a miss then.

I won't bother with this then. I like Zack, but directors can get it wrong sometimes...
    Edited by: "pokerpad" 20th Jun 2011

It does look good though but someone needs to keep Zack Snyder away from the slo-mo button.

cdm22

Its all rather obvious what is going on, although why anyone can think … Its all rather obvious what is going on, although why anyone can think Scott Pilgrim is complicated I don't know!

To be fair i never heard of the Scott Pilgrim stuff before the movie, i was dragged by a friend to see it and i just couldnt follow it.

i watched it last nite aswel, not sure what i expected exactly but that wasnt it, in some places i felt like i was watching a xbox game or something. graphics were really good thow i admit.

I really enjoyed it. Loved the steampunk nazis
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions