Groups

Sudden increase in people sniffing coke?

Over the last 12 months ive definately noticed a massive increase in people sniffing the stuff. Even in the pubs you can tell these people are high as a kite and even outside when your having a ciggie you can hear people talking about it, or discussing going to get some or going to the loo for some.

What the hells going on with people. Has it become the new 'in' drug to take these days, or has it become so cheap that everyone can afford to it? somethings definately going on.

17 Comments

Just hope my daughters don't do it.
    But the sad thing is, I'm probably going to be the last person to know.

Not the past year especially but I've noticed a massive increase over the past 5 years where I am. What used to be relatively rare has become almost the norm.

Original Poster

Jumpingphil

Just hope my daughters don't do it.But the sad thing is, I'm probably … Just hope my daughters don't do it.But the sad thing is, I'm probably going to be the last person to know.

Aww dont say that not everyone does it. Ive not and never would. I did try a joint when I was 24 but it made me feel so ill that I never did it again. I dont even like taking paracetimol unless I really need it. I do smoke and thats bad enough.

danmc

Not the past year especially but I've noticed a massive increase over the … Not the past year especially but I've noticed a massive increase over the past 5 years where I am. What used to be relatively rare has become almost the norm.

Oh god 5 years thats a long time. Maybe ive just never noticed before.

Yea i'd say 4/5 years as well, but this is Glasgow lol

If anything i'd say its maybe dropped off a bit recently.
    Quality of it's been absolutely garbage the last maybe 2 years where i am, so its died down a bit.
    Apart obviously from the usual idiots that like to throw money down the drain.
    £40 a gram nowadays, when its mostly crushed up eccies that you can buy for a couple quid.

BTW i dont do it, just know a lot of folk that still do

Definitely an increase here in Stockport aswell, its easier to get hold of than weed nowadays.

Do the bubbles not go up your nose?

You sniff bubbles too i think - kinda like Popaz which are similar i think not to sure on that.

Being 18 and being out on the town as you do when your my age - I have seen a few of my friends get swallowed into the whole Coke and Eccies on a night out and it's not nice to see.

But yeah there are hella lot of people doing Coke these days; I mean i stay in Dumfries which is not a big town; there'll oly be maybe 10/15 (of which about 3 or 4 i go) pubs in town and 2/3 night clubs and I still find myself being offered it.
    Edited by: "scott1295" 20th Aug 2010

ainsy69

Definitely an increase here in Stockport aswell, its easier to get hold … Definitely an increase here in Stockport aswell, its easier to get hold of than weed nowadays.

+ 1 It really is I would probably struggle to go out my door and get weed but I could walk out and within a few minutes have as much coke as i wanted. Worrying.

Jumpingphil

Just hope my daughters don't do it.But the sad thing is, I'm probably … Just hope my daughters don't do it.But the sad thing is, I'm probably going to be the last person to know.

danmc

Not the past year especially but I've noticed a massive increase over the … Not the past year especially but I've noticed a massive increase over the past 5 years where I am. What used to be relatively rare has become almost the norm.

Admittably I've tried weed 2/3 times now and the last time I was ill for about 3 days - never touching the stuff again.

scott1295

You sniff bubbles too i think - kinda like Popaz which are similar i … You sniff bubbles too i think - kinda like Popaz which are similar i think not to sure on that. Being 18 and being out on the town as you do when your my age - I have seen a few of my friends get swallowed into the whole Coke and Eccies on a night out and it's not nice to see. :(But yeah there are hella lot of people doing Coke these days; I mean i stay in Dumfries which is not a big town; there'll oly be maybe 10/15 (of which about 3 or 4 i go) pubs in town and 2/3 night clubs and I still find myself being offered it.

I'm never offered it, but if I'm in a club I can get asked 4 or 5 times a night if I'm selling any. No idea why, never went near the stuff, maybe I just look like that kind of guy...

civms47

I'm never offered it, but if I'm in a club I can get asked 4 or 5 times a … I'm never offered it, but if I'm in a club I can get asked 4 or 5 times a night if I'm selling any. No idea why, never went near the stuff, maybe I just look like that kind of guy...

You must just have that Drug Dealer face *whistlingmanthatusedtobehere*

I reckon it's because a lot more people have started doing lesser drugs (e.g. Mephadrone) and it gets to the point where the idea of coke isn't as horrifying. Also, the club and dance music scenes are growing exponentially and I'm sure that pays a part. Just finished uni this summer and that's what I've experienced anyway over the last few years.

I cant see why people would want to do it tbh, i enjoy having a drink and getting merry and thats enough for me and my mates, if people need to take drugs to enjoy the night out maybe they should look at themselves and their mates before taking drugs to do so

scott1295

You must just have that Drug Dealer face *whistlingmanthatusedtobehere*

I think I must have, cos it's not a recent occurrence. It's coke now, years ago it used to be weed or sweeties, sometimes speed. Although if I ever get asked if I'm selling smack I'll need to seriously consider plastic surgery....

Original Poster

officegimp

yes, very easy to get in the uk last time i was there - and a lot cheaper … yes, very easy to get in the uk last time i was there - and a lot cheaper now than ever before - you must have heard that report where they were saying a line is now cheaper than a coffee at starbucks or a pint of lager?

Thanx for that, that certainly explains a lot. Seems to be a northan thing then i'm not far from stockport.

Banned

I noticed this about ten years ago. Don't go out really anymore but can't imagine it's become that much more popular.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Beds33
      2. What to do?????34
      3. Any free Now TV sports passes?22
      4. Best VR games?22

See more discussions