Sudden increase of Bangood/Gearbest deals

Found 7th Sep 2017
Why all of a sudden is there a large amount of deals posted from these Chinese e-tailers? Items will take weeks to arrive and you may get stung by import tax etc. Remember when this site was just UK based deals?
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Can we filter them out? I'd like to.
Edited by: "LeahsMintytoutou" 7th Sep 2017
14 Comments
Can we filter them out? I'd like to.
Edited by: "LeahsMintytoutou" 7th Sep 2017
Meh most time its like 10 days, lot of shops in uk can take 6 days, so not much of a stretch and for any items under 30£ very rarely are you taxed and if you was it be few quid.

I see your point though I used to think hotukdeals blocked deals from them aswell as ebay now they even have sections, it is quite clear the owners have started taking money 'commision' ect

I don't mind to much deals are really good I mean smart plugs cheapest on amazon 13£, 4.50£ is bargain
(not sure how safe they are lol)
Surely the deals are posted by the site users?
had a 320 quid item from banggood via ems go straight through customs no charges at all saved about 140 quid
Probably before, there was always uncertainty and doubt that buying from these places would not deliver your goods.

But there's enough people who've bought from them and found them reliable (not in all cases of course), and not to mention you can get Chinese branded phones from there, where most models are not sold here by any UK retailer.

I don't see a problem with it.. there's not that many good deals here from UK retailers anyway. Everyone is always blaming on something to hike up the price.
mattmerch1 h, 35 m ago

had a 320 quid item from banggood via ems go straight through customs no …had a 320 quid item from banggood via ems go straight through customs no charges at all saved about 140 quid

They will quite often put a lower value when they post things. A type of tax evasion nobody seems to have an issue with.
There was a time when dx.com (dealextreme.com) dominated the site. Don't see many posts of their 'offers' these days.
Banggood have some sort of promotion on at the moment with some genuine price reductions, so I'm not surprised that a few of their deals are cropping up.

Not sure about the wisdom of allowing postings of obviously unsafe mains electrical goods to remain on site like the recent soldering iron without an earth post, or the posts of questionable imported Chinese USB phone chargers sold by Ebay or Amazon traders whether with or without the trader's branding applied.
Edited by: "melted" 8th Sep 2017
Destard18 h, 26 m ago

But it's the site owners that are making the money from the deals being posted
Erubadhron44 m ago

But it's the site owners that are making the money from the deals being …But it's the site owners that are making the money from the deals being posted

Well yes, that's how a business tends to work.
Destard19 h, 40 m ago

A lot are posted by site editors/mods and many with discount codes that aren't even posted anywhere else.

They're basically adverts.

Ultimately users vote, so whilst there's clear paid postings going on, there's no vote rigging so it'll only get heat if it is deserved.
Came here to post about this. The amount of Gearbest/Banggood "deals" on here is getting silly. YES WE GET IT. YOU CAN GET CHEAP THINGS FROM CHINA!
I just don't see it as how it can be considered a deal when by very definition everything on these sites is going to be cheaper than if you buy them over here. You might as well just post every item on the site on their own deal on HUKD (at times it feels like they are!)
Not everyone wants to risk buying something from china and wait the (usually about a) month for delivery and then have massive issues when it comes to dealing with faults etc. Don't get me wrong, I've bought from China etc using Deal Extreme a bunch of times in the past, but it's not generally something thats a good experience, even less so if you're trusting them with hundreds of £.
Either way, that was my 2p worth on that, but my point was, that there needs to be a "china shop" filter for those who really don't care for these "deals"
thefunkygibbon13 m ago

Came here to post about this. The amount of Gearbest/Banggood "deals" …Came here to post about this. The amount of Gearbest/Banggood "deals" on here is getting silly. YES WE GET IT. YOU CAN GET CHEAP THINGS FROM CHINA!I just don't see it as how it can be considered a deal when by very definition everything on these sites is going to be cheaper than if you buy them over here. You might as well just post every item on the site on their own deal on HUKD (at times it feels like they are!)Not everyone wants to risk buying something from china and wait the (usually about a) month for delivery and then have massive issues when it comes to dealing with faults etc. Don't get me wrong, I've bought from China etc using Deal Extreme a bunch of times in the past, but it's not generally something thats a good experience, even less so if you're trusting them with hundreds of £. Either way, that was my 2p worth on that, but my point was, that there needs to be a "china shop" filter for those who really don't care for these "deals"

Can we do the same for Amazon then?
I don't have prime (and have no intention of getting it) most of their reviews are fake etc.
If they allowed all retailers (barring low-feedback eBay etc) I wouldn't have a problem but some as we know aren't allowed because they don't pay commission, that's not right.
I had a deal for Fasttech removed and they're one of the few Chinese sites known to have pretty good customer service.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions