Expired

Sudden split screen on my TV

Found 25th Feb 2015
Please has anyone come across this, suddenly my TV is showing half screen vertically.
I am not sure how I can rectify it I have tried using the remote, but could not correct it, please can anyone help, do I need a new TV
It is a 32inch Samsung TV
Community Updates
15 Comments
At a guess, you've probably pressed the 3D button. Press it again.
Or the picture in picture (pip) button
I don't have a 3D or pip button on the remove, I was going to post a picture here, of my removed, but I can't copy and paste it from Google image
Have you checked your settings menu? It sounds like PIP. You might not have a dedicated PIP button on the remote but it might be in your TV Settings menu. Perhaps might be something like Menu, System, PIP settings to get there?
Try this (see bottom for guide) - Click on link:

Samsung picture rotate
I think you have selected a 3D channel...your TV is not 3D, so you get two pics that look almost identical on screen side by side..
I don't get a picture on one side, it is black and I get a picture on the other side.
So I want to know how to remove that black screen on the other side
choice4

I don't get a picture on one side, it is black and I get a picture on the … I don't get a picture on one side, it is black and I get a picture on the other side.So I want to know how to remove that black screen on the other side

When you say it's black on one side and a picture on the other... is the picture side half of the whole screen or is it the whole screen squashed into one half? If it's half of what it should be, then there might be a loose ribbon connection inside your TV which prevents it from displaying properly. You can see in this video the guy is securing the ribbon connection and 1 half of the screen is black and flickers until he connects it properly. Also here's another video although for an LG tv with a similar issue and the cause of the problem are the ribbons.
Thanks Dreadzone101 it sounds more like a ribbon problem
so do i need to call out an engineer,
what's the model number of the TV??
choice4

Thanks Dreadzone101 it sounds more like a ribbon problemso do i need to … Thanks Dreadzone101 it sounds more like a ribbon problemso do i need to call out an engineer,

If it is a loose ribbon, you pretty much need the TV powered on whilst you are playing around with them otherwise you won't know if what you're doing is having an impact. Mightn't be too safe so probably be best to call someone out to fix it. Not sure what way the circuity is set up in your TV but judging from the videos, the panel may have multiple ribbons along the edges. Before you call someone out, you should try pressing down along the edge of screen with the TV switched on. Like if you're facing the TV, try pressing down at points along the top edge of the TV else sideways along the side or upwards along the bottom edge if that makes sense? Or else you could try applying a bit of light pressure along the borders of the actual screen towards the TV itself just to see if it comes back on at all. If it does you can probably identify where the loose ribbon is. Then again the loose ribbon might be one of the 2 main ribbons located on the back of the TV.
I didn't even know about ribbons on TV, I tried pushing in all the wires at the back but didn't help. I would try and press all the edges and around it and see if it helps.
I haven't got the make and model number, but would check behind the tv latter, i know it is 32" Samsung, bought from John Lewis had 5yrs guarantee which I have to check if it has run out.
These things always play up when the guarantee expires and not before!!
stefromuk

what's the model number of the TV??

The model number of the TV is LE32A457C1D
The TV has gotten worse tonight, the picture is still half but all white and fussy, you can still hear the sound
Ant there are now small rainbow lines on the other side that was black
I tried pressing the screen as suggested no good.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants