Suggest a courier for sending a laptop

Posted 1st Jun
Need suggestions which courier to use. £15 or less ideally with insurance.

Many thanks.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

16 Comments
britlad01/06/2020 20:12

Comment deleted

Over £25 if it's more than 2kg.
UPS - sent a few higher value things (£500+) with them via Paclink on eBay and have had no problems.
britlad01/06/2020 20:37

Comment deleted

No transit damage protection available via p2g.
HellriderUKDeals6901/06/2020 21:02

2.6kg and £700 approx.

I have sent 2 laptops with UPS in the past 6 months. Both arrived safe and sound.
You will find that most companies won't cover them fully.
Its a risk you take.

I just bubble wrapped the laptop to the maximum probably 3 inches thick, then put it in a box, and made it so it would not move around. Then I put that box in another box lined with bubble wrap and posted it off and took a chance.
Both made it just fine.
Do not use Hermes.
I used ups, apc over night is also good
Another vote for UPS, i went directly on their website and sent a laptop insured to the value of £210 which cost me approx £12 collected from me and then delivered to the nearest UPS collection point for the recipient to collect at their convenience
Laptop collected by the recipient undamaged
Thank you for all the helpful advice.
Golden rule: Avoid Hermes
Agree on UPS and avoiding Hermes

You get what you pay for and £15 inc insurance sounds optimistic
I used UPS recently to send an Xbox. It has been lost/stolen by them and the claiming process is a nightmare - still not got any money from them.
Edited by: "RamsMax" 2nd Jun
RamsMax02/06/2020 07:47

I used UPS recently to send an Xbox. It has been lost/stolen by them and …I used UPS recently to send an Xbox. It has been lost/stolen by them and the claiming process is a nightmare - still not got any money from them.

That's terrible!
HellriderUKDeals6902/06/2020 07:50

That's terrible!

I'm sure UPS would be fine and I was just unlucky, but I would recommend Royal Mail
Edited by: "RamsMax" 2nd Jun
Either UPS or DHL gets my vote. I usually go via interparcel to compare rates. It will default to basic £25 transit cover. Once you fill in the form with the value of the item, it will give you a price for full coverage
RamsMax02/06/2020 07:51

I'm sure UPS would be fine and I was just unlucky, but I would recommend …I'm sure UPS would be fine and I was just unlucky, but I would recommend Royal Mail

I would usually go with Royal Mail however they are extremely slow at the moment due to the pandemic. I sold and shipped 6 items on eBay 2 weeks ago, 4 shipped with RM and 2 shipped with UPS. UPS ones have been delivered and only 1 out of 4 RM packages have been delivered.

And that 1 package had the furthest destination it’s a bit hit and miss at the moment, not great when buyers are constantly messaging me about where their item is.

I think you might have been really unlucky and the claims would probably be a pain in the a*** due to staff shortages! Hang in there, you’ll win eventually
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants