Suggest a dummy SIM card

Posted 1st Jan
Hi, I need a sim card for a 3G tablet that I use as navigation in my car. I will be using the hotspot from my phone so I don't need any real data on the SIM - I just need it for better location services.

What is the cheapest SIM card I can buy and use as dummy (i.e. no data or calls - just connecting to the network)?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
3's zero cost data reward SIM. Even comes with freebie 200MB data per month indefinitely, so you may not need to tether three.co.uk/fre…der or if you want an initial 1GB data at £5 then same freebie 200MB/month: three.co.uk/dat…ard
Edited by: "AndyRoyd" 1st Jan
5 Comments
Order them for free of the providers websites
3's zero cost data reward SIM. Even comes with freebie 200MB data per month indefinitely, so you may not need to tether three.co.uk/fre…der or if you want an initial 1GB data at £5 then same freebie 200MB/month: three.co.uk/dat…ard
Edited by: "AndyRoyd" 1st Jan
AndyRoyd01/01/2020 18:46

3's zero cost data reward SIM. Even comes with freebie 200MB data per …3's zero cost data reward SIM. Even comes with freebie 200MB data per month indefinitely, so you may not need to tether https://www.three.co.uk/free_sim_mbb/order or if you want an initial 1GB data at £5 then same freebie 200MB/month: www.three.co.uk/datareward

Wow, I couldn’t have wished for a better deal! Thanks a lot!
I read that I need at least one chargeable event every 6 months for it to remain active. Is this correct?
vimar01/01/2020 22:22

Wow, I couldn’t have wished for a better deal! Thanks a lot!I read that I n …Wow, I couldn’t have wished for a better deal! Thanks a lot!I read that I need at least one chargeable event every 6 months for it to remain active. Is this correct?

That is the theoretical requirement. However I've had one since 2016 without any chargeable events (I read once that using the data counts as a chargeable event? That might be true, but I have another one that had been in a drawer for 10 months, and it still connected and provided data fine).
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions