SUGGESTION: Allow deals to be posted from sellers that don't meet Hukd criteria. Can opt in or out.

Posted 3rd Oct
I'm a bit sick of e.g. AliExpress deals I post being cancelled immediately because they "don't meet Hukd seller criteria" (everybody knows it's because they don't pay for click-throughs).

Ali Express have a good complaints procedure and you only pay if you get the goods.

Why not allow as above? By default you do don't see the deals but can opt in at your own risk. (suggest an icon like this)

3304153-HtMaW.jpg

After all isn't this site about allowing people to save money if they see a deal they like?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
The people that own the site don’t actually care about people getting good deals unless they get something out of it
8 Comments
The people that own the site don’t actually care about people getting good deals unless they get something out of it
BettySwollocks09803/10/2019 18:24

The people that own the site don’t actually care about people getting good …The people that own the site don’t actually care about people getting good deals unless they get something out of it

That comment is getting removed when the mods set their eyes on it.
Vencurse03/10/2019 19:10

That comment is getting removed when the mods set their eyes on it.

They will tell you that they don’t get paid from lots of companies including Amazon, there is different criteria for sellers though things like valid VAT registration. There are also adverts from partners which to be honest is far worse than them stopping sellers like the ones you mention
I think you are being extremely naïve if you believe ordering from an AliExpress seller is risk free . I take it that even if you have luckily ever actually received your purchase within a month or two , you have never had cause to return anything ? Or tried to getting anything fixed /replaced under warranty ?

Enjoy your naivety and thankfully it seems you have been lucky (so far !) , but please don't try to drag members into the glossy but oh so dodgy world of Chinese sellers .
hotukdeals.com/dis…738 Just one of the problems with buying from Chinese sellers posted daily on here - Do you ever read them ? You should !
Edited by: "rogparki" 3rd Oct
I know that AliExpress not being allowed is nothing to do with paid click throughs.

It's not a good start when your first sentence is false...
There are loads of Aliexpress deals on here , IMO it depends who's posted them whether they get left on or not. I've stopped posting deals as very few survive moderation.
eayragt:
I know that AliExpress not being allowed is nothing to do with paid click throughs.

It's not a good start when your first sentence is false...

What's it to do with then pray tell? They block deals from official sellers like Anker or Tiegem.
deleted90213903/10/2019 19:20

I think you are being extremely naïve if you believe ordering from an …I think you are being extremely naïve if you believe ordering from an AliExpress seller is risk free . I take it that even if you have luckily ever actually received your purchase within a month or two , you have never had cause to return anything ? Or tried to getting anything fixed /replaced under warranty ?Enjoy your naivety and thankfully it seems you have been lucky (so far !) , but please don't try to drag members into the glossy but oh so dodgy world of Chinese sellers . https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/sending-camera-back-with-battery-dpd-x-rayed-and-refused-to-process-the-package-how-to-avoid-3303738 Just one of the problems with buying from Chinese sellers posted daily on here - Do you ever read them ? You should !

Not been Naive, any purchase is a risk, but you weigh up the risk with the benefit. There's a bit of protection with AliExpress (they even only release funds when you've confirmed you're happy with the goods, eBay don't do that) but if that fails there's PayPal.

I just bought an RC car model for £218, cheapest in this country is about £450. I posted the deal but it got deleted.

It's about giving people the choice, not have a nanny website going "You can't buy from this seller and thus save £230, we determine it's not allowed."
Edited by: "Roger_Irrelevant" 3rd Oct
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants