Suggestion for Budget 4k TV HDR 10+ and 100Hz+

Posted 10th Sep
Basically I’m looking for a budget 4k tv for the upcoming Xbox Series X. As it will have variable refresh rate at 120fps. So, a tv with HDR 10+ and more than 100 Hz will do. Any suggestion will be much appreciated.
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
whats your budget though?
Budget TVs don't tend to have those specs.
Agree; budget & 4K HDR 10+ don’t usually associate with one another
XH9005 might be the cheapest but it's only just come out so is still full price 55 inches for 1000, I paid less than that for the XF9005 in 65 inches.
Jump_Out_Gang10/09/2020 07:55

Especially with a motion rate of more than 100 HZ

I’m ok with HDR 10 as well but need higher refresh rate than 60Hz.
anonymous6710/09/2020 12:03

I’m ok with HDR 10 as well but need higher refresh rate than 60Hz.

The big factor determining HDR performance isn't format support (HLG, HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby vision etc.) but display hardware (colour volume coverage, local dimming performance).

And a £500 TV just won't have much extra in the way of HDR capability compared to a non-HDR TV.

What little HDR ability they have is designed to just be a value added feature for someone buying a new TV anyway. If you're replacing a perfectly good existing TV specifically for HDR then it doesn't make any sense to look at those models. A decent HDR implementation is currently still expensive.
EndlessWaves10/09/2020 12:40

The big factor determining HDR performance isn't format support (HLG, …The big factor determining HDR performance isn't format support (HLG, HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby vision etc.) but display hardware (colour volume coverage, local dimming performance). And a £500 TV just won't have much extra in the way of HDR capability compared to a non-HDR TV. What little HDR ability they have is designed to just be a value added feature for someone buying a new TV anyway. If you're replacing a perfectly good existing TV specifically for HDR then it doesn't make any sense to look at those models. A decent HDR implementation is currently still expensive.

Thanks for explaining that. I will be alright with decent HDR not too high end. I just want to get best out of this new console and don’t want to be limited by the display. But that too within budget price range.

For my personal experience with games, 60 FPS gives too much of floating in the air feel. Our eyes/brain can’t process higher than 50 FPS. I presume, I think it’s best to go with 60Hz then. What would be your preference if you aren’t limited by budget?
anonymous6710/09/2020 14:01

For my personal experience with games, 60 FPS gives too much of floating …For my personal experience with games, 60 FPS gives too much of floating in the air feel. Our eyes/brain can’t process higher than 50 FPS. I presume, I think it’s best to go with 60Hz then. What would be your preference if you aren’t limited by budget?

Well I have recently bought the Acer Predator XB321HK for use with my Pro & X .. it was either that or spend double your budget on a Sony OLED .. I went with the Acer as the compromise (it was much cheaper & I am a fan of the Predator branding). Of course this way I can ‘game’ separately from the living room television now too which is a bonus.
anonymous6710/09/2020 13:53

Thanks for explaining that. I will be alright with decent HDR not too high …Thanks for explaining that. I will be alright with decent HDR not too high end. I just want to get best out of this new console and don’t want to be limited by the display. But that too within budget price range.

You won't get decent HDR for £500. Go to a John Lewis if you have one near you, and see for yourself.
Post a comment
@
    Text