Suggestion on a music playing fitness watch?

Posted 31st Dec 2019
Hi
I would like to purchase a fitness/smart watch to use with the Android platform, but with so many available I'm struggling to choose one. Please can you help me choose one?

The watch's priorities, in order, are:
1) A long lasting battery (the longer the better).
2) The ability to store music to play offline through Bluetooth headphones.
3) An accurate 24/7 heart rate monitor.
4) Accurate built-in GPS.
5) Accurate step counter.
6) Accurate sleep tracker.
7) Text/emails notifications.

I can buy brand new or second hand. Whether it's the current model or not doesn't matter to me as long as it meets the above.

Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

4 Comments
Galaxy watches support mp3 playback directly from the watch ie you can connect headphones to the watch and use it as an mp3 player with wireless headphones i do this with my galaxy gear battery depends on usage as a smart watch or just mp3 playback (watch to headphones few hrs at a time) a couple of days or a day notifications and vibration settings will drain it quicker
Edited by: "kobrakaan" 31st Dec 2019
Phone plays music offline via bluetooth and the watch can control phone tracks. Better option. It's battery drain using your above spec is a problem
Edited by: "wayners" 31st Dec 2019
wayners31/12/2019 10:06

Phone plays music offline via bluetooth and the watch can control phone …Phone plays music offline via bluetooth and the watch can control phone tracks. Better option. It's battery drain using your above spec is a problem

I shall use it for jogging so carrying a phone with me isn't ideal.
Just use old phone or cheap one. Don't need sim card so no cost. Use WiFi with Spotify or Amazon to pin for offline playing or just mp3s. Stick phone in bum bag or arm band. Run no problem.

Other way is put cheap MP3 player inside cap and use ear buds on cord. Guess you can't control tracks though
Edited by: "wayners" 31st Dec 2019
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants