suggestions for a bike repair stand

Hi guys, can anyone recommend a good bike repair stand for roughly £20? I missed out on the aldis £15 one last week which comes with great reviews ☹️

7 Comments

halfords.com/web…001

I bought the above work stand from Halfords (got it for £30 as they priced matched Cycle Republic but they've put it to £40 again too unfortunately). Not quite £20 but you may be able to find a Halfords discount code as id recommend it on quality, very robust for the money.

Original Poster

Thanks, I've seen this Dirty pro tools TM NEW BICYCLE REPAIR WORK STAND NEW DESIGN WITH QUICK RELEASE HANDLE AND CLAMP HOME CYCLE BIKE MECHANICS MOUNTAIN ROAD PROFESSIONAL amazon.co.uk/dp/…DC6

The basic one from Decathlons £30 but its pretty decent.

Unless your changing headset bearings or forks the stand doesn't get much use to be honest.

esq3585

Unless your changing headset bearings or forks the stand doesn't get much … Unless your changing headset bearings or forks the stand doesn't get much use to be honest.

makes washing the bike a load easier,
makes changing a tyre easier,
makes changing the brake pads easier,
makes indexing the gears easier,

actually makes changing the headset harder (IMO) due to needing to take it off the stand to check its secure and having to secure the forks somehow when cleaning the headtube, I leave it to stand on the floor when doing mine.

Each to their own but find it easier to wash with bike leaning against fence/wall etc , remove wheel to change a tyre, change pads, index gears with bike upside down tbh, YMMV but this is what I have been doing all my life and it has suited me, as I say though what ever works for u, it's also easy to get correct headset compression while the bike is in the stand and the fork can be held in place with a bungee/paracord etc while setting it up in the frame . Remove the front brake lever from the bar rubber band it to the fork and u can take the fork and lever out without removing brake and sit it aside to clean the headtube, rubber band the handlebar and stem to the toptube also .

Original Poster

Just want one to make washing the bike easier. I had to take off the wheels and put a new chai on so taking the wheels off meant putting bike upside down or risk knackering front forks up
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!1719
    2. Iptv1228
    3. Music download79
    4. FedEx sent me a Duty & Tax Invoice - Advice needed67

See more discussions