Suggestions for a TV upgrade from a Samsung 8 series with a £500 budget?

Need a TV for the bedroom and was thinking of moving our Samsung UE40ES8000 upstairs and getting a bigger (aprox 50") and better spec 4k TV in the lounge, but only have a £500 budget. Would a 4k TV in this budget be better viewing then my existing set? We don't use TV for gaming, just sky tv. Any advice on what I should be looking for much appreciated.

10 Comments

Make sure you do your research and get a future proof 4k set. 10bit panel hdr, something like that

Check this deal out. Mixed reviews but I picked up the 49" for £430 from Argos. Very pleased with it so far!!

hotukdeals.com/dea…886
Edited by: "fatal3rror" 22nd Oct 2016

Have a look at Hisense tv's. You get A LOT of tv for the money.

benjammin316

Make sure you do your research and get a future proof 4k set. 10bit panel … Make sure you do your research and get a future proof 4k set. 10bit panel hdr, something like that

If the budget is sub-£500, I don't think a 10bit panel is a priority nor possible. The Hisense m3300 from Argos do look like bargains, though
Edited by: "solid" 23rd Oct 2016

This one is £449, but with discount code 4K10 it comes to £404
I have the older model to this one below and its fantastic, best TV i purchased.

ao.com/pro…K1A

I would say for £500 the best bang for your buck is the Hisense 55" UHD TV
ao.com/pro…spx
You can get it for £477 with the 10% discount at AO (code 4K10). Like many others I was reluctant to buy Hisense as I thought it was just another cheap brand, however after much research I bought the H55M3300 and have to say I'm delighted with it, and would have no hesitation recommending it.
Edited by: "Clangers99" 23rd Oct 2016

benjammin316

Make sure you do your research and get a future proof 4k set. 10bit panel … Make sure you do your research and get a future proof 4k set. 10bit panel hdr, something like that

You have to love all of the comments like this one that people give a budget and then you need a 10 bit screen, either no common sense or people don't have a clue when it comes to prices or money

Original Poster

Thanks for all the suggestions people, but I would like to ensure the TV I buy will have a better picture then I have now. My current set being a Samsung has a CMR of 800, which I believe is a 200Hz real refresh rate, so need to go through these suggestions and see what their refresh rates are....... though being a complete novice is there anything else I should be comparing to my current set?

Forget refresh rates, they are made up by each manufacturer
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047163
    2. word association Game74044552
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767400
    4. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.1527

See more discussions