Suggestions for cleaning dog pee out of carpets?

Found 9th Feb 2012
Hi all

Any tips? We use disinfectant wipes and some dettol with kitchen roll, but was wondering if anyone else has any other advice?

Older dog, rather stinky pee

Tips for cleaning poo out as well would be nice - any particular magic products out there? Again, dettol wipes and liquid are used.

Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
31 Comments
Carpet cleaning hoover.
my friend swears by 1001
Banned
new carpet! You'll never get rid of the smell but will get used to it so wont notice it (others will!).
Mod & Ed
simple solution ( it really does work ) from places like pets @ home
bin the carpet...or the dog! lol
We used non-biological washing powder for our puppy. Read it in a book and worked fine
Rockhound

bin the carpet...or the dog! lol

Aww not the dog, its obviously getting on and having accidents bless it, it can't help it.

Rockahound when you get to that point in life, lets hope no one decides to bin you.
Keep the dog outside in a kennel...where it should be!

Edited by: "modoc" 9th Feb 2012
i totaly agree with csi buy a new carpet
Human pee

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/public/bXyyDMOEX5MfcekXdSZAEE0LYnROeIJwcQH-gYBoSV9O5RKNwUvTsKYf8_40aLSuEizpYgNU7Bs5IBt1whjMLx-1QQzTxMJ-LDZndaE5SpUfJGpViBBEBPh9sAlAgKwUVDd7c9otb6dtSyhIGwEDmNkADb1f0ozmrHf2Ldyhd54MZu1jSQMcJX_uhNsxFUnuoHwfBn0
hire a rug doctor from local DIY or Supermarket, bish bash bosh.
wishihadadonkey

+1
Original Poster
csiman

new carpet! You'll never get rid of the smell but will get used to it so … new carpet! You'll never get rid of the smell but will get used to it so wont notice it (others will!).

Don't worry, the house will be re-carpeted once the wee git dies... (No sympathy - he's a nasty creature, always has been).

We can't re-carpet every time he pees or poops - we'd be skint.
Edited by: "DragonChris" 9th Feb 2012
The trick is to get it out quickly. Same with babies wee

Firstly dry up what you can and then scrub with a bicarb of soda/white vinegar/hot water mixture. Dry again, scrub again. Repeat. Repeat. Allow to dry at room temp. If you go it quick enough there will be no smell left.

If you leave it too long ... it soaks into the underlay as well and you're screwed.
Original Poster
wishihadadonkey

Interesting - I shall check this out, thanks!

Any more ideas, keep them coming! It's all appreciated!
Original Poster
TUSSFC

The trick is to get it out quickly. Same with babies wee :)Firstly dry up … The trick is to get it out quickly. Same with babies wee :)Firstly dry up what you can and then scrub with a bicarb of soda/white vinegar/hot water mixture. Dry again, scrub again. Repeat. Repeat. Allow to dry at room temp. If you go it quick enough there will be no smell left.If you leave it too long ... it soaks into the underlay as well and you're screwed.

Simples, I like it!
Using Stanley knife, cut out square/rectangle of soiled carpet. Discard.

Move sofa and cut out exact size carpet piece. Move sofa back to cover cut out piece.

Place clean carpet patch where soiled piece used to be. Blend join using an old toothbrush.

Voila.
Try Trigene,thats what vets use,you can buy it on amazon or ebay.
White vinegar and water in a spray then wipe with a damp cloth .
Banned
ettam123

Try Trigene,thats what vets use,you can buy it on amazon or ebay.

thats just disinfectant
The newer washing liquids like Arial with Febreze work really well because they break down the enzymes, leave the solution to soak the area, you could also use a steamer to force the solution in well, then use a carpet cleaner or manually remove the excess liquid, vacuum when dry. How do I know this works - I've had to use it myself
this is the kind of thing you should just google as now people here will know your house smells like dog **** and ****

lmao mate

dataload

this is the kind of thing you should just google as now people here will … this is the kind of thing you should just google as now people here will know your house smells like dog **** and ****

dataload

this is the kind of thing you should just google as now people here will … this is the kind of thing you should just google as now people here will know your house smells like dog **** and ****

Cruel,but i laughed X)
Banned
Dogs are smelly unhygenic things and shouldnt be in the house. Get it a kennel.
Banned
I hate working in these type of houses, its just so depressing
Biological wash powder works well
Cat pee. It works like white wine on red wine stains, honest! :p:D

Edited by: "feed_me_chocs" 9th Feb 2012
Banned
funny.onion

Using Stanley knife, cut out square/rectangle of soiled carpet. … Using Stanley knife, cut out square/rectangle of soiled carpet. Discard.Move sofa and cut out exact size carpet piece. Move sofa back to cover cut out piece.Place clean carpet patch where soiled piece used to be. Blend join using an old toothbrush.Voila.

lol just seen stanley knife..... thought you were gonna suggest to cut its throat and be done with it..
Original Poster
sedd33

disgustin, beats ne why people just dont chain the things outside.op, … disgustin, beats ne why people just dont chain the things outside.op, hope you dont have any kids. imagine rollin in all that dog pess eek!

Certainly not, and this isn't my house - well it is, I live with my parents, but I will not have a dog in my own house. Furthermore it isn't our dog - it's my dementia-ridden grandmother's who lives with us now and the sooner they both die, the better

Thanks for the responses folks - I'm well aware the house stinks but unfortunately there's jack all we can do about it until the rodent kicks the bucket, so we have to make do - Chaining him up outside isn't an option (would suit me fine though) and sadly our situation is rather complicated.

Again, cheers! I'll be looking into a few of these and will see about keeping them handy for when piddles strikes again.
Edited by: "DragonChris" 10th Feb 2012
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants