Suggestions for Eurotunnel ticket

Posted 15th Dec 2019
So I've got a Eurotunnel ticket valid for 18th July - 31st July, I think i'm allowed to amend it anyway.

We haven't decided where to go with it, so I thought i'd ask to see if you lovely people have any suggestions? We are a family of four with two small children (both under 5)

I've been to Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Poland so I want to go somewhere else. It also needs to be somewhere where the hotel rooms are not much more than £100 per night or thereabouts.

We prefer beach holidays too. Or at least if there is a beach it will be most welcome.

Love to hear some suggestions from HUKD.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

11 Comments
Portugal
France????

You’ve got 3 different seas ( well 2 + an ocean) very varied countrysides, lakes, rivers, forests, my country is very very nice indeed
Edited by: "LillyM" 15th Dec 2019
outeiro9015/12/2019 20:05

Portugal

might be a bit far to drive, i mean sure i can break it up i guess
LillyM15/12/2019 20:12

France????You’ve got 3 different seas ( well 2 + an ocean) very varied c …France????You’ve got 3 different seas ( well 2 + an ocean) very varied countrysides, lakes, rivers, forests, my country is very very nice indeed

Considered south of france, but hotels are expensive :/ was thinking maybe Barcelona? but also expensive in July
leffeblonde15/12/2019 20:20

Considered south of france, but hotels are expensive :/ was thinking maybe …Considered south of france, but hotels are expensive :/ was thinking maybe Barcelona? but also expensive in July

You don’t need to go that far, there are some seriously pretty places nearer, l’île de Re for instance is sumptuous, or Normandie is very nice too, that coast is pretty stunning... or you can go towards the Pyrenees, there you have the Mediterranean Sea, very nice also... I love that region to be honest... I come from Lille, no sea but a beautiful town though probably better as a romantic weekend how long are you planning to go for? You could always check to rent a house? Or go camping? There are some pretty good campsites...
LillyM15/12/2019 20:24

You don’t need to go that far, there are some seriously pretty places n …You don’t need to go that far, there are some seriously pretty places nearer, l’île de Re for instance is sumptuous, or Normandie is very nice too, that coast is pretty stunning... or you can go towards the Pyrenees, there you have the Mediterranean Sea, very nice also... I love that region to be honest... I come from Lille, no sea but a beautiful town though probably better as a romantic weekend how long are you planning to go for? You could always check to rent a house? Or go camping? There are some pretty good campsites...

Thanks very much. Lille is very nice easy drive from Calais. Île de Ré looks really cool !!!! I guess it should be quite warm there in July right ?
leffeblonde15/12/2019 20:38

Thanks very much. Lille is very nice easy drive from Calais. Île de Ré l …Thanks very much. Lille is very nice easy drive from Calais. Île de Ré looks really cool !!!! I guess it should be quite warm there in July right ?

Yes, I’d think so, my friend went there last summer and said it was pretty hot, looki Nd at averages or doesn’t seem so high (21) but same temp as the sea, considering the sea in Dorset/ wales is about 16, I’d say that was warm... dunno but it looks stunning
Drive a bit further and go towards Perpignan and that’s fab, went there in my teens and though we went to the mes, we mostly swam in very clear rivers...
How about Eurocamp and drive to a holiday park in northern Spain- there’s quite a few near Barcelona and Salou.
elainem2315/12/2019 21:02

How about Eurocamp and drive to a holiday park in northern Spain- there’s q …How about Eurocamp and drive to a holiday park in northern Spain- there’s quite a few near Barcelona and Salou.

good idea, we could mix it up a bit part camping part hotels along the route. the kids love camping. thanks!
We stayed at a Novotel on the outskirts of Paris near the CDG (so good transport links) for a few days in August- booked via booking.com and it was about £90 per night inc breakfast for 4 of us. Would be a good stop off to break up the journey.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions