Suggestions for food boxes

Found 22nd Jul
Hi
I want advice if you know any similar services of Hello fresh but with no meat. I am not vegetarian, I just want to buy my meat and use it with their food box

Thanks
Community Updates
AskFood
Top comments
Widely available - they're called "supermarket baskets " get one and pick up your own veg etc . Or for the more discerning a "shopping bag" to be used when going to your local market , bakers , greengrocers , butchers etc .

I'm sorry if that's all bit out of left field but that's what we all did for hundreds of years before the internet brought these terrible , overpriced so called "boxes" into being
9 Comments
Widely available - they're called "supermarket baskets " get one and pick up your own veg etc . Or for the more discerning a "shopping bag" to be used when going to your local market , bakers , greengrocers , butchers etc .

I'm sorry if that's all bit out of left field but that's what we all did for hundreds of years before the internet brought these terrible , overpriced so called "boxes" into being
If I get the idea of hello fresh it is that there is no waste. They send you exactly what you need so you don end up with a fridge full of sprouting potatoes and moldy peppers. Another far cheaper alternative might be to buy frozen veg.. You only take what you need out at the time and the rest is there for next time.
I use simply cook, they send pots with sauces, powders & pastes & you and add the meat, veg & rice or noodles. Or you can mix it up any way you want.
The recipe boxes are designed for what ever ingredients are included so adding meat or swapping other ingredients out for it would mess up the flavour balance.
Your better spending £10 building a spice/herb draw/cupboard (Aldi/Lidl or similar for 50p jars), Aldi/Lidl super six or a wonky veg box then adding anything else you might need.
I just want to try new recipes that are tried and tested as I'm very board of cooking the same things
And some things I would never try if I have to pick the stuff myself cause it works out more expensive if I buy all the ingredients myself and don't forget it could not turn out nice
nanyasalom21 h, 58 m ago

I just want to try new recipes that are tried and tested as I'm very board …I just want to try new recipes that are tried and tested as I'm very board of cooking the same things And some things I would never try if I have to pick the stuff myself cause it works out more expensive if I buy all the ingredients myself and don't forget it could not turn out nice

You know the likes of Hello fresh publish the recipes on their website so you don't have to use their service to get them right?
hellofresh.co.uk/rec…es/

The only time I've had the recipe boxes the box price is a good 20%+ more expensive then the ingredients.
nanyasalom22nd Jul

I just want to try new recipes that are tried and tested as I'm very board …I just want to try new recipes that are tried and tested as I'm very board of cooking the same things And some things I would never try if I have to pick the stuff myself cause it works out more expensive if I buy all the ingredients myself and don't forget it could not turn out nice

Could try Simply cook and other companies that do it. Or get cook book & search online to find something you like and try cook it. That way you have more options to cook & can choose the amazing but want to spend/quality.
I liked Simply cook only one I’ve tried. Pots last a while, tastes good and can pick own produce to suit your budget. Can change recipe around some changing the meat or veg you put in it when cooking
joedastudd23rd Jul

You know the likes of Hello fresh publish the recipes on their website so …You know the likes of Hello fresh publish the recipes on their website so you don't have to use their service to get them right?https://www.hellofresh.co.uk/recipes/The only time I've had the recipe boxes the box price is a good 20%+ more expensive then the ingredients.

Thanks all
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants