suggestions for good quality A4 printing paper

Found 17th Mar 2012
I wonder if anyone could suggest a good quality A4 printing paper to print wedding invitations on ,We bought what we thought was good but we really need better, not card ,any suggestions? please .
Community Updates
20 Comments
we did ours on paper from hobbycraft, really light quality recycled paper and backed it onto a linen card
Jetpac

we did ours on paper from hobbycraft, really light quality recycled paper … we did ours on paper from hobbycraft, really light quality recycled paper and backed it onto a linen card

thank you I will look into that

Any more suggestions anyone ?
i get my paper from tesco, its in a clear pack with a black band, i think its 200gm.
its called tesco finest premium paper its £4.25 for a ream
I think if yoy do not want card you need to increase the paper thickness or weigh say use 150gram instead od normal A4 80gram Also you can buy printed background paper over which you can print your invite
Good luck
Conqueror Paper as an alternative perhaps ?

Staples

wickedteen

i get my paper from tesco, its in a clear pack with a black band, i think … i get my paper from tesco, its in a clear pack with a black band, i think its 200gm.its called tesco finest premium paper its £4.25 for a ream

Thank you that looks ideal I will have a look
DEALWARRIOR

I think if yoy do not want card you need to increase the paper thickness … I think if yoy do not want card you need to increase the paper thickness or weigh say use 150gram instead od normal A4 80gram Also you can buy printed background paper over which you can print your inviteGood luck

Thank you for the advice I will look into that .
MisterNecro

Conqueror Paper as an alternative perhaps ?Staples

that looks good as well, I am spoilt for choice now thank you
you will never get decent invites printed on paper below at least 150gsm. Far too thin otherwise. I would opt for 250gsm
csiman

you will never get decent invites printed on paper below at least 150gsm. … you will never get decent invites printed on paper below at least 150gsm. Far too thin otherwise. I would opt for 250gsm

oh thank you where would I get it from i need it this week?
If you live near a local printer (not print shops - you need to go to a larger factory size printer), they often have really high quality 'end of run' and offcut paper material that would not be available in the shops, and I'm sure for a small fee would be happy to give you some and cut it down to A4 (or smaller) sizes. It is worth asking.
jeany123

oh thank you where would I get it from i need it this week?

google.co.uk/sea…5l0 oO
csiman

you will never get decent invites printed on paper below at least 150gsm. … you will never get decent invites printed on paper below at least 150gsm. Far too thin otherwise. I would opt for 250gsm

That depends entirely if you are mounting them. Recycled paper for example (the raw type) tend to be quite thin and prints well.
csiman

https://www.google.co.uk/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENXX247&q=250gsm+a4+paper&oq=250gsm+a4+paper&aq=f&aqi=g-v2&aql=&gs_sm=3&gs_upl=173l5578l0l6471l11l5l0l0l0l0l377l878l2.1.1.1l5l0 oO

Thank you I tried to google but it just came up with 250 sheets not gms
Jetpac

That depends entirely if you are mounting them. Recycled paper for … That depends entirely if you are mounting them. Recycled paper for example (the raw type) tend to be quite thin and prints well.

No don't want to mount ,
thanks for your advice
Jetpac

That depends entirely if you are mounting them. Recycled paper for … That depends entirely if you are mounting them. Recycled paper for example (the raw type) tend to be quite thin and prints well.

I was referring to the thickness / feel rather than printing quality. Thin paper doesnt make for a decent wedding invite.
Its mostly on the paper weights, you need to decide whether you want more of a card, or more of a paper. A lovely paper is 100 GSM and up, most heavier paper weights are good quality because they cheaper ones don't use thicker paper weights.

If you are printing remember not to use some of the paper shop papers because the coating is not made for printing but for sticking pretty things on, and the ink can bleed.
Thank you all for your help It will be easier to decide what we need now
For quality A4 paper, you can't beat Navigator. They also do different thicknesses. 120gsm is thick paper which is crisp white and produces stunning results. Almost feels like card but isn't.
The Therapist

For quality A4 paper, you can't beat Navigator. They also do different … For quality A4 paper, you can't beat Navigator. They also do different thicknesses. 120gsm is thick paper which is crisp white and produces stunning results. Almost feels like card but isn't.

Thank you I will have a look
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants