Expired

Suggestions needed: Song required for leavers service

46 replies
Found 12th Jul 2010
Every year we have quite a good leavers service for year 6 pupils, and I do a powerpoint with pictures of the children through the years at our school. They always cry... and I trhink that's a good thing... its like closure I guess. Over the last 2 years I have used Sia.. Breathe and Miley Cirrus?.. The Climb. I have lined up a couple this year.. Glee.. ( yes I know ) ... True Colours or Kelly Clarkson... Breakaway. Song needs to emotional... but doesn't have to be slow.

Any suggestions for me to try would be welcomed. Cheers

46 Comments

journey - don't stop believing

leona lewis - run.

just a couple!

Original Poster

Cheers... Like Journey... but would prob have to use the glee one.. sadly.. for them, not me.. bought Escape when I was 18... thats 28 years ago.. lol

Spice Girls - Goodbye
M83 - Teen Angst
That Sia Track was a good choice- end of six feet under...

Original Poster

biomehanik

Spice Girls - Goodbye M83 - Teen Angst That Sia Track was a good choice- … Spice Girls - Goodbye M83 - Teen Angst That Sia Track was a good choice- end of six feet under...

Yes... that was why I used it... end of six feet under.. cheers

Greenday - time of your life

is always a good leavers song.

Original Poster

micoo

I had this at mine, a few of us sang it actually (not me though lol)

"This..." which one?

Original Poster

t0mm

Greenday - time of your lifeis always a good leavers song.

Yep... had that suggested by the secretary... will listen to it now.. thanks

jonb2412

"This..." which one?

its a link

or this cos its awesome

^^^^^ thats a link too

Take That - Never Forget. I'm not a fan of them but I think that would be a good song
Florence and the Machine- You've Got the Love as its a nice song and emotional

Kramer07

[b]Take That - Never Forget. /b]I'm not a fan of them but I think that … [b]Take That - Never Forget. /b]I'm not a fan of them but I think that would be a good song :DFlorence and the Machine- You've Got the Love as its a nice song and emotional

Beat ya to it

Original Poster

biomehanik

Jose Amnesia ft Jennifer Rene - Wouldn't Change A Thing (Blake Jarrell … Jose Amnesia ft Jennifer Rene - Wouldn't Change A Thing (Blake Jarrell Mix)midnight juggernauts road to recoveryExample - Watch The Sun Come Up (Fred Falke Remix)Sia Numb/ where i belong ?

Thanks tried them.. honestly... but...... mmm... sorry, not quite what I'm looking for.. Thanks though.

Original Poster

micoo

its a link :por this cos its awesome^^^^^ thats a link too

LOL... sorry... derrr... thanks

t0mm

Greenday - time of your lifeis always a good leavers song.

except that the song is actually called "good riddance"-lol-maybe quite appropriate for the occasion!

Thunderbugs - Friends Forever

Original Poster

barky

except that the song is actually called "good riddance"-lol-maybe quite … except that the song is actually called "good riddance"-lol-maybe quite appropriate for the occasion!

Got a nice class this year... maybe use it next year ;o)

Original Poster

ErrorOperator

maybe a joshua radin song. Possibly this one - Friend Like You

Like this... but I have to make the song about 11 mins long.. that would mean repeating this 4 times... but will bare in mind ..cheers

Long and Winding Road - Beatles

Original Poster

modoc

Vitamin C - Graduation SongSeen it used before and its very emotional on … Vitamin C - Graduation SongSeen it used before and its very emotional on the night.

Children are only 10/11... otherwise I think it would be a good one... some of the words a little older.. ie graduation.. ta

mcfly - it's all about you

Original Poster

karaokecolin

mcfly - it's all about you

Now you got me listening to Mcfly... I am a Yes/Pink Floyd/Genesis/Rush..etc fan... my children are laughing at me !!! thanks...lol

Jonb.. You can use audacity and cut/paste to the end x3, then save as 1 large MP3 (or send it over here when you find a song n i'll do it)

A bit of a golden oldie and may bore young children but I suggest Unforgettable by Nat King Cole or John Mayer with All We Ever Do Is Say Goodbye...Its lovely!

Original Poster

Disco

Jonb.. You can use audacity and cut/paste to the end x3, then save as 1 … Jonb.. You can use audacity and cut/paste to the end x3, then save as 1 large MP3 (or send it over here when you find a song n i'll do it)

Hi ... Thanks.. I know that... I got true colours running at 11 mins at the moment... but thanks for your offer, very kind.

micoo

I had this at mine, a few of us sang it actually (not me though lol)

I bet you grabbed your balls and sung the high parts

Original Poster

ei8hty5ive

A bit of a golden oldie and may bore young children but I suggest … A bit of a golden oldie and may bore young children but I suggest Unforgettable by Nat King Cole or John Mayer with All We Ever Do Is Say Goodbye...Its lovely!

Would not have thought about that.... thanks... maybe I will run that in at the end... will sound good... thanks... (unforgettable).... will listen to the JM song now..

forever young

dylans voice not to everyones taste - joan baez does a good version - you tube has lots

Original Poster

holly100

forever young dylans voice not to everyones taste - joan baez does a good … forever young dylans voice not to everyones taste - joan baez does a good version - you tube has lots

I like the Joan Baez version.. all my family do... we usually sing this at family parties... is that weird or just a sign of age.. lol

jonb2412

I like the Joan Baez version.. all my family do... we usually sing this … I like the Joan Baez version.. all my family do... we usually sing this at family parties... is that weird or just a sign of age.. lol

great songs never die -

jonb2412

Would not have thought about that.... thanks... maybe I will run that in … Would not have thought about that.... thanks... maybe I will run that in at the end... will sound good... thanks... (unforgettable).... will listen to the JM song now..

Try here..

youtube.com/wat…a6I

Original Poster

numptyj

I bet you grabbed your balls and sung the high parts

is it a record? how many posts before trolls? Cheers Nump

try this bad boy tune

Original Poster

numptyj

try this bad boy tune

Almost went for Unplugged Heaven.....then "I'll always be right there".. Was going to get my son to come in and play it... then realised I was going over the top... cheers

Heres another one for you...It's amazing!

Enya - On Your Shore

Lyrics - http://www.lyrics007.com/Enya%20Lyrics/On%20Your%20Shore%20Lyrics.html
Youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umN18Fu7y2s

Whilst we are on Enya try Now We Are Free.

Lyrics and translation here - openhandweb.org/now…ard

Beatles - in my life
Loverly tune, played it as the exit music to my wedding.

There are some products especially made for Year 6 Leavers assemblies. Try these songs:
learn2soar.co.uk/lea…ies
The 'Journey On' CD is really good! Highly recommended!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…2553
    2. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland2047
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769322
    4. So Flubit is still terrible. What happened?!1112

See more discussions