Suggestions please......

HELP please

I just spent two hours cleaning my car and I can feel all my muscles seizing up, anyone got any idea's of what I can do to stop it??

18 Comments

Do some, 'warm down' stretches- or have a bath?!

warm bath, failing that ibuprofen

Yes, have a nice soak in a bath as hot as you can stand it (ladies can stand bath water much hotter than men !! ) anyway make sure you have loads of bubbles, (radox or similar if you have it) take a cuppa & a radio/cd player with you & just lie back & relax ........... enjoy
GET IN UR BAF AN SOAK UR MUSCLEZ

Banned

mishmc81;1944803

Do some, 'warm down' stretches- or have a bath?!

Yh a hot shower should do it :-D

lots of stretches to ease those aching muscles!

failing that, you could do some more exercise.

My car is a bit filthy now, could do with some cleaning:whistling:

Use your Handbreak, or try leaving it in gear!

Yup - hot bath always works :).....and next time take it to arc ;-).

Id say a warm bath too, with some radox muscle soeak if you have it lol. deep heat used to do a bubble bath that was nice but i havent seen it for a while. If you have ibuprofin have one if will help you keep on the move which will in turn help stop your muscles aching. (If your muscles seize up you move differently which in turn can lead to more aches and pains)

Spend the £3 or so that you saved by washing it yourself on some Ibuprofen.

Voltorol Gel. it is without doubt the best muscle gel that you can buy over the counter.

What you need is a MONKEY BATH, according to Viz it's a bath so hot that when you lower yourself in you go "Ooh ooh aah aah ahh!" After the bath then stretch the muscles out and it should start to feel better.

[QUOTE=snowtiger;1944812]Yes, have a nice soak in a bath as hot as you can stand it (ladies can stand bath water much hotter than men !! ) anyway make sure you have loads of bubbles, (radox or similar if you have it) take a cuppa & a radio/cd player with you & just lie back & relax ........... enjoy

It's true - women really can stand bath water much hotter than men. My wife has her bath water at approximately the same temperature as molten lava & always gets out looking the shade of pink you normally only see on a well-cooked lobster. Can't be good for you!!

You must have a big car if it took 2 hours to wash - I can do mine in 15 mins. Looks a bit rubbish though!

Original Poster

[QUOTE=
You must have a big car if it took 2 hours to wash - I can do mine in 15 mins. Looks a bit rubbish though![/QUOTE]

It's a Honda FRV which we are selling so I gave it a proper wash and polish, had a few ibuprofen, went for a relaxing walk and will be having a nice hot bath later. Thanks everyone for the tips, much appreciated. Rep added :thumbsup:

Should have taken it to car wash!!!! :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Naeem786;1945733

Should have taken it to car wash!!!! :thumbsup:

The reason I had to wash it myself was to get all the c**p off that the car wash missed and polish all the swirly scratches the bloomin brushes made !!!! :x

Aww.... hope you are feeling better after your muscle aching car washing stint :-D

Welcome to the world of DOMS....im usually done in by these a few times a week. en.wikipedia.org/wik…ess

massage
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423714463
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767185
    3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553762
    4. word association Game73844456

See more discussions