Suitable “limited space” desktop?

Found 20th Dec 2017
Hi everyone!

Looking at purchasing a desktop set up for myself and family to use, that doesn’t take up too much desk space.....browsing / work / watching video etc.....seen the Dell Inspiron 22 3000 (£600?) but some reviews saying very slow to start up (which would be a real annoyance of course) - any tips at all would be really appreciated? Thanks so much!
Community Updates
AskElectronics
10 Comments
A laptop/convertable?
mas999 m ago

A laptop/convertable?

Considering he said a desktop, that doesn't answer the OP's question.
I am leaning towards the Lenovo Ideacentre with AMD A9 processor (8GB ram) - £550, with the current 3 year John lewis warranty as a bonus? Would appreciate any advice / opinion please? johnlewis.com/len…443
Why not get a tower, then it can sit at the bottom of the desk. So only screen on the desk. Then get a keyboard that is wireless so you reduce on cables.
Thanks, the Lenovo seems perfect as keyboard is wireless, so is mouse, so only cable is the power cable. Also, the dining table would be my "desk" so really want to avoid a tower underneath that could be kicked etc by the kids
M0nk3h2 h, 29 m ago

Considering he said a desktop, that doesn't answer the OP's question.

yes, but his requirements sound more like a laptop or convertable would be a better bet for him/her
MBCH3 h, 18 m ago

Thanks, the Lenovo seems perfect as keyboard is wireless, so is mouse, so …Thanks, the Lenovo seems perfect as keyboard is wireless, so is mouse, so only cable is the power cable. Also, the dining table would be my "desk" so really want to avoid a tower underneath that could be kicked etc by the kids

as someone has suggested, have you considered a laptop instead of a desktop? a laptop doesn't take up any room at all, very light and compact and can be taken all over the house, although you may not want this as the kids may hide it in their bedroom
mas992 h, 11 m ago

yes, but his requirements sound more like a laptop or convertable would be …yes, but his requirements sound more like a laptop or convertable would be a better bet for him/her

Guy walks into a Ferrari dealer.

"I'm after a Ferrari but unsure which one..."
"I think a Fiat 500 is more what you're after"
M0nk3h9 h, 8 m ago

Guy walks into a Ferrari dealer."I'm after a Ferrari but unsure which …Guy walks into a Ferrari dealer."I'm after a Ferrari but unsure which one...""I think a Fiat 500 is more what you're after"

More like

"I'm after a Ferrari but unsure which one will be best for ploughing my fields"
"have you considered a tractor?"
There have been at least two different Inspiron 22 3000 models, not to mention lots of different configurations, so make sure the reviews are applicable to the model you're looking at.

I'd personally look at MiniPCs. They tend to be more powerful and you can pick up a screen that suits you seperately without being tied to a certain spec.

Something like this:
uk.insight.com/en-…001

The 7100T CPU in that is 40% faster than the 7100U in the Dell and it's 5.4cm thick, so easily tucked away behind or underneath monitor (for comparison the Inspiron 22 3264 all in one is 20.5cm deep).

It's also an SSD instead of an HDD so it'll be faster to start up and respond generally.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants