Suitable Samsung S8 Upgrade?

Posted 29th Jul 2020
One of the parents are due an upgrade and they currently have a Samsung S8, trying to steer them away from and S10 or S20 as they normally get it on contract and that will be £££.

Been looking at any contract deals or maybe buying a handset.

Any recommendations?

Cheers
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
I recently got my Mother an S10 for £30, 90gb per month, no upfront (not that she uses anything near that lol). Was from Mobile Phones Direct on O2.
cecilmcroberts29/07/2020 20:18

I recently got my Mother an S10 for £30, 90gb per month, no upfront (not …I recently got my Mother an S10 for £30, 90gb per month, no upfront (not that she uses anything near that lol). Was from Mobile Phones Direct on O2.

Thanks mate, I will have a look on there now. That does sound like a crazy deal!
jjo929/07/2020 20:27

Thanks mate, I will have a look on there now. That does sound like a crazy …Thanks mate, I will have a look on there now. That does sound like a crazy deal!

Cheaper here, but less data.
25gb data on EE, unlimited mins and texts for £29 per month:

hotukdeals.com/dea…994
jjo929/07/2020 20:27

Thanks mate, I will have a look on there now. That does sound like a crazy …Thanks mate, I will have a look on there now. That does sound like a crazy deal!

I had issues with the website, that the deal showed, but when I clicked it went away, then back to the page and nothing at all showed (tried on several browsers). Rang them up and no issues at all in giving me the deal I seen (it was a straight up deal not a cash back one).
Similar deal on here also using a discount code, with EE. Afraid to say we only get an O2 signal here so had only been looking at others to compare pricing with.

hotukdeals.com/dea…994
Check out Samsung a71, absolutely great phone, amazing battery, camera and screen. Not waterproof or wireless charging tho
Big_Rik29/07/2020 20:36

Check out Samsung a71, absolutely great phone, amazing battery, camera …Check out Samsung a71, absolutely great phone, amazing battery, camera and screen. Not waterproof or wireless charging tho

I started looking into the other Samsungs but there were so many, thank you I will have a look now
RamsMax29/07/2020 20:31

Cheaper here, but less data.25gb data on EE, unlimited mins and texts for …Cheaper here, but less data.25gb data on EE, unlimited mins and texts for £29 per month:https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/samsung-galaxy-s10-128gb-black-on-ee-unlimited-minutes-and-texts-25gb-data-29-per-month-with-0-upfront-using-code-3508994

Nice one! Cheers
jjo929/07/2020 21:06

I started looking into the other Samsungs but there were so many, thank …I started looking into the other Samsungs but there were so many, thank you I will have a look now

I upgraded from a s8 to it, very pleased. Very quick charge too
I upgraded from my S8 to a P30 pro new edition (hated my s8, worst phone I've owned), its a brilliant phone but its a lot bigger and heavier than the s8 which is the only negative.
Plus points is the finger print reader works, its not in a stupid place like on the s8 so you constantly smudge the camera lens, theres no bixby or wasted bixby button, battery is much better, charges quicker despite much bigger battery, snappier in use, the camera is phenomenal - got some great shots of the comet, and it doesn't get roasting hot like the s8 does when gaming.

The s8 screen (which was its best feature) does have a yellow tinge compared to the p30 pro, but it does go very slightly brighter.
samsung galaxy M31, A51 or A71.

google pixel 3a.
Hey did you buy a phone then?
NAJ2222/08/2020 15:27

Hey did you buy a phone then?

Not yet, was going to buy the Samsung M30 but now it is unavailable on Amazon
jjo922/08/2020 15:35

Not yet, was going to buy the Samsung M30 but now it is unavailable on …Not yet, was going to buy the Samsung M30 but now it is unavailable on Amazon

Check this offer for a S20

hotukdeals.com/dea…731
NAJ2222/08/2020 15:37

Check this offer for a …Check this offer for a S20https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/samsung-galaxy-s20-on-ee-unlimited-mins-and-texts-50gb-data-ps35pm-ps0-upfront-using-code-24m-at-affordable-mobiles-3520731

Ahh amazing! Thank you for this
I've just upgraded my wifes Samsung S8 to a Samsung A71, She loves it. Got to say i'm pretty impressed with it too
LadiesMan2I722/08/2020 15:46

I've just upgraded my wifes Samsung S8 to a Samsung A71, She loves it. Got …I've just upgraded my wifes Samsung S8 to a Samsung A71, She loves it. Got to say i'm pretty impressed with it too

There are literally so many to keep up with lol, thank you
Post a comment
@
    Text